Comodo using tons of memory for no reason, nothing in task menu.

I just noticed Comodo in task manager is using very high amounts of Memory and rising. After the screenshot below it is now sitting at 2.9GB. Also there is no tasks going on in the background also as shown.

1. Diagnostics report as attachment to your post
    In attachments

2. The full product and its version e.g. COMOOD Firewall 7.0.308911.4080
    Comodo Internet Security Beta- 7.0.308911.4080 (Btw you have an error in question 2 it says COMOOD)

3. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pa ck revision. and if using a virtual machine, which one.
    Windows 8.1 64bit, all updated. On host machine (also error in question 3, there is a space between ‘Pack’)

4. List all the configuration changes you did. Are you using Default configuration? If no, whats the difference?
    All I have changed is bump up the heuristics and set BB to Limited

5. Did you install over a previous version without uninstalling first, or import a previous configuration file? (please try to avoid doing these things until we are told it is safe)
    I did a complete uninstall of the Final stable build and restarted before installing the beta, no imports were made.

6. Other Security, Sandboxing or Utility Software Installed
    Just malwarebytes scanner, no realtime functions enable or on startup.

7. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Or if you cannot reproduce it, what you actually did before it happened, step by step.
    I have no clue on how to reproduce, all I have been doing is having my computer on now for 5 hours and been doing regular activities.

8. What actually happened when you carried out these steps
    Comodo is just rising in memory slowly and not going back down, also there is no tasks running on comodo.

9. What you expected to see or happen when you carried out these steps, and why (if not obvious)
    For Comodo not to be eating away at my precious memories.

[attachment deleted by admin]

If this is still occuring there are two more epieces of information the devs will need. One is a KillSwitch Process List (run while it is still using a lot of memory).

The other is also created using KillSwitch. Open KillSwitch and then right-click on any of the processes and select “create dump”. Then select “Create Full Dump…”. After CIS is installed you can upload the dump file to a file sharing site, such as this one and paste the download link in your first post.

This should allow the devs to investigate this problem.

Thanks.

If it happens again I will edit this post with the information you need.

Thank you. For these sort of intermittent problems this information is very important (especially the full dump from KillSwitch). Let me know if it happens again.

Thanks.

Has the problem happened again?

PM reminder sent.

Sorry for not replying soon, I have not seen this happen again, so I am unsure of why it was happening that one day. I will keep a look out.

Okay, if it doesn’t happen again for a couple of days I’ll move this to the Non-Format board, which is where reports which are in waiting are stored. That way if it happens again you can attach the requested files and I can forward it.

Of course, hopefully it never uses so much memory again and there is no need.

Thanks.

Okay, I will now move this to the Non-Format board. If it happens again I have explained what information the devs will require in my above posts.

Thank you.

CIS version 7.0.313494.4115 Final has just been released. Therefore, if the issue still occurs please create a new bug report for it in this section of the forum. The required format is provided in this post. Just copy and paste the code. Then replace the question marks with your responses.

I’m sorry, but as the most recent release is no longer in Beta the Beta bug reporting format can no longer be used. I will therefore move this report to Resolved. If the issue still occurs please do create a new bug report.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.