Comodo Updates

What exactly is the latest firewall only version.
My firewall version is 5.12.256…
When I click on ‘check for update’ it tells me my version is up to date.
BUT, your announcement forum shows the latest version to be 6.3.3…

If this is correct for the FW why does it not update?
Is a manual update required each time an update is created?
Those FWs I have used in the past have kept me up to date.

Hi CU9876,
For 5.x users the update package is required in the link below.
For 6.x users the program will automatically or manually update depending on your settings.
Upgrade from V5.x to V6.x

Kind regards.

do you have to uninstall 5x or can you install 6x over

Hi David,
When using the upgrade installer uninstall is not required.

Kind regards.

I have installed it over 5. Do i have to block all the apps blocked from internet again or can i import settings?

Also is stop network activiiy like the 5x stop all traffic to and from the internet?

Under application rule CIS is sent for outgoing only and block and log all unmatching requests. Is this right?

On my laptop i had to block each file individually. is there any quick way block all the apps blocked from internet for my win 7 desktop. and this is ok with win 7 64 bit?

Is there anyone who can give me a reply before I install 6X on my win 7

Also is stop network activiiy like the 5x stop all traffic to and from the internet?

Under application rule CIS is sent for outgoing only and block and log all unmatching requests. Is this right?

On my laptop i had to block each file individually. is there any quick way block all the apps blocked from internet for my win 7 desktop. and this is ok with win 7 64 bit?

Hello;

Yes Block All is still available which will terminate and block any and all network traffic.
Correct, CIS is set to Out Going Only

You may block all applications from connecting to the internet via “Block All” in the Firewall Status.

Jake

Thanks. Is there any way to import the settings from 5 to 6? These are settings under blocked applications where certain programs have custom settings. Can the custom settings be imported from 5 to 6 on install of 6 or do they have to be entered manually?

From what I hear you may have some issues; I’m unsure whether or not you can; I’ll ask another moderator to chime in.

Thanks…Jake

Update: You cannot import the settings from 5.x as you will cripple your OS as some users reported.

You have to start fresh regards to Settings and Configurations

Thanks Jacob. It is the same upgrade package fro win 7 64 bit?

Hey David;

I’m having a tough time trying to understand what you are asking; could you go into detail?

Thanks…Jake

sorry the upgrade upgrade Comodo Internet Security from 5.x to 6 is ok for windows 7 64 bit? I want to make sure. Thanks

You are correct; It will be ok to run that for your system!

Hope all is well

Jake

Thanks very much Jake, much appreciated.

Let me know if everything goes smoothly, I’m here for another few hours.

Jake

Went OK but got this error after installation

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hey David;

Run Diagnostics and Make sure you have most recent windows updates

Diagnostics: CIS > Help Icon > Support > Diagnostics

Restart either way and see if you get that error.

Thanks…Jake

Diagnostic found nothing. Rebooted no error. Thanks for your help with this

Your Most Welcome David;

If you have any other questions please don’t be afraid to ask :slight_smile: We are a friendly Community.

Jake