Comodo Time Machine beta - Wishlist

A rescue CD which can backup and restore all snapshots.

An option to import and export snapshots!

CTM covers multiple disks and partitions.

And option to exclude drives and partitions

Mine too :'(. I was SO looking forward to testing this product but all my systems are dual boot with Linux. I know it’s in the pipeline but such a long way off.

Is there no way of configuring CTM to just work with a windows partition?

:slight_smile:

This post seems to be removed all the time >:(

An option to exclude drives/partitions/folders in the protection of CTM

The synchronize option also excludes only this will take an awfull lot of time when excluding large data disks

(47 minutes to exclude a disk with history data after I returned back to a snapshot).

A boot CD that would not only restore and / or take snapshots, but also acts as a rescue CD, similar to Active@Boot Disk.

Cheers

I know CIS protect us from ring-3 attacks and does a good job

Can comodo Time machine stop, detect, and/or prevent ring-0 or ((ring-2 ( SMM - System Management Mode) attackes

I would like the Comodo Time Machine to check for signs of tampering before making saved changes… Would prefer SHA1 or SHA256 over MD5 checksum

The reason I ask this is because malware writers in china are getting better in exploitiing virtual machines.

I checked the deleted and removed posts over the last week and yours don’t show up in our bins. May be it is a glitch with the new forum software that was installed September 28. When you think it is a forum software bug please report it in the Comodo website issues for submitting website problems only board.

Temp klasörleri vs gibi snapshota eklenmesini istemediğimiz dosya yada klasörleri seçebilelim, hariç listesi…

Hello osC++CoDeR. I noticed that in several topics you are replying in your native language, Turkish, in the English speaking part of the forum.

Please notice there is a sub board in your native language in International Comodo Forums.

• When I switch between snapshots, I miss a progress indication at boot time. I notice a blinking cursor, but I would like to get an indication that my system is healthy and booting.

• I have my documents and downloads on a second partition, I would like to exclude that partition from CTM. After I switched to another snapshot I had to mount in order to access my downloads.

Another vote for the previous wish :wink: of Wilbert van Bake

• progress indication bar
  • excluding partitions/harddisk/folders

If the bootcode is stored in the partition boot record, as opposed to the master boot recoord, it would make it much easier to install other operating systems, like Linux, Solaris, BSD. Most of these OS’es rely on GRUB as boot manager.

I noticed that the original MBR is chain loaded by CTM, but what happens when I install Linux AFTER CTM modified he MBR?

Melih and Egemen can understand Turkish…
because their national Turkey.
Do you have a problem now?

Yes, please only use the international forums in english only. We have special boards for such native languages.

Please understand that the forums would be a complete mess if everyone would simply post in their own language.

best regards,
eXPerience

Just to add to what eXPerience has said, some of the developers of Comodo Time Machine will frequently look at the wishlist and they are of various nationalities.
Were not being awkward just trying to make things as easy as possible for all.

Hope you understand,
Matt

I would like an option to choose where the snapshots are written (saved), so I could save them on a extern drive.

Excellent software!!! I would like to create snapshots of different partitions.

Modern Harddisks have lots of space.

I have tweaked my XP setup to be a small partition (stripping out all varaiable data by changing system flders where temp dirs are, desktop is located, temp internet cache is etc). This to make it as static as possible.

Main benefit is that on the outside of the disk my read/write speed is the highest.

I would like an option to tell CMT in which unused space it should save the snapshots etc. By default it uses the free space of the partition selected to be protected. I would not mind setting aside a partition with no drive letter for CMT specfically to save its snapshots.

As a general rule of thumb, I like transparency better (knowing where the data is stored). I can understand the current implementation, because it requires less user decisions during install. Please provide this power user option (specify where to save snapshots).

Regards Kees

maybe migrate the pre-boot code from the Master Boot Record to the Partition Boot Record. This allows applications, such as Boot managers, Roll-backs, and other MBR modifying applications possible <–thats what rollrx does

Just an idea

Make CTM compatible with regular imaging software (e.g. Macrium, Acronis, Paragon), if that is possible