Comodo Tested by Sashland.de

I also uninstalled Avira free and CIS AV added, so that I now have CIS Premium.

I hope comodo GUI gets better and Comodo to be perfect.

Congratulations Comodo! :-TU

Don’t forget Remove Malware guys :stuck_out_tongue:

I havent seen this test posted on wilders yet I will have to journey on over and see, ???

Comodo AV Detection is deff right up there now!

Josh

The last few days I have been testing a bunch of AVs in a virtual machine. I have only done about 5-6 so far, but Comodo(AV only) did just as well as the others I have tested.

I wish the stand alone AV installer allowed you to install just the AV, without D+, sandbox, and live support. I also am anxious to see cloud scanning and behavior blocking implemented in future releases.

If you could do that the whole concept of CIS is gone… The parts strengthen each other!

Then they should bother offering a AV stand alone installer. It is either good enough to stand alone, or it isn’t. I use CIS on one of my PCs, but normally I do not install suites, as I don’t feel the need for a firewall over and above Windows FW and my router. I am not concerned with outbound traffic, or care to have the extra prompts.

Someone should post at wilders, just for fun and to give moderators there a bit of extra job >:-D
If that is not so good reason, here is one, people at that great and wildly known security forum should be informed about Comodo superiority… :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, but I like more wilders haters, more fun there :wink:

Great results well done :-TU

I was so impressed, I unistalled Windows and only have Comodo now! ;D ;D

It is a strange test though. 500 old malware and 5000 even older.

ROFLMAO

It is a strange test though. 500 old malware and 5000 even older.

I thought that when I first read the test results as well. Even odder that some AVs did so poorly against old malware.

Melih and team, we need to see some more test results like this, it’s good news.

I am using CIS 4.1 but AV was disabled, instead using MS Essentials as well as Threatfire.

Now I have decided to enable CIS AV and revert MSE to be on-demand with a weekly scan. Keeping Threatfire as an extra real-time shield until you can provide behavioural more fully. Also use real time Trusteer Support to avoid man in the middle attacks and because my bank provides it free…and in case there ever was a breach in my account I want to demonstrate that i was wearing their recommended brand of condom, so taking all reasonable precautions, not liable, etc, etc.

But I can’t have all your stuff for free any longer. I am currently trialling your live support for the past 2 weeks and it’s pretty good so far, but as an experienced computer user I might not really need it. However, I feel bad in using your good security software free of charge and so I will let the $50 be deducted from my credit card at the end of the trial and be a paid user from now on.

Keep up the good work guys. By the way, spyshelter test some screenshots still get through, you have more work to do there.
(V)

Thank you for your support cavehomme, really appreciate it.

melih

Again, thats why I question the value of this test. If I remember correctly, they said the malware was from 2008/2009. Seems odd. I would expect all the AVs to be near 100% under those conditions.

I have been testing AV programs on my own the last few days though, against current threats. Done about ten so far, and there have been two clear winners. Norton AV and CIS were the only two programs so far to manage to escape infection. I have about 3-4 more programs I want to test, but NAV and CIS are easily the most impressive of the group so far.

Considering CIS is a free product, it’s performance is even more impressive.

Well Melih, you guys have worked dang hard and are proving a lot of people wrong. Right now CIS with live support and Trustconnect has got to be the best all round deal for 90% of businesses and professional users. Sure, you need to improve on behavioural and a few other areas but an outstanding product, good service at $50 per annum. A CIO / CFO would be really daft not to go for Comodo. It’s a very compelling business case.

Comodo for business use is a nice idea. I have installed Comodo CIS 4.1 and earlier on many occasions and, as of last week, in every case have been asked to replace it with something easier to live with.
I just wish that things I put in “My own safe files” would stay there, even though it is “excluded”, “winvnc.exe” from UltraVNC keeps disappearing (not quarantined) and cannot be added to “Safe Vendors” as a running process because it is apparently not digitally signed. Why have the option if it can’t be used? Open Office is also not recognised as safe. Last week one user couldn’t start their PC because “chkdsk” would stop at 0%. I didn’t jump to blame Comodo but after the other 2 issues, he did. Coincidentally or not, cancelled chkdsk at startup, uninstalled CIS 4.1 Premium and its all good now. Another free, effective product requiring no extensive configuration in order to stop asking questions, has been installed.

Indeed, and I have myself slated Comodo and melih in the past for issuing alpha and beta versions as production, when they clearly were not.

CIS quality must be improved now, as a higher priority than extra features. Then they can sell it as a good and stable system in 3-6 months time as “CIS 2011” or endpoint or whatever label they put on it.

Not only CIS quality needs to be improved, but also i found that Time Machine hosed my system almost entirely but thankfully Win 7 is more robust than XP and I managed to eventually restore.

Backup and Cleaner are also a bit temperamental, but I still use them since they do a pretty good job, but I still remain cautious of them a little.

But, I admire Melih for his vision and getting this great portfolio of products in place.

Not only it’s a nice idea, but also a very nice product[s]:

:slight_smile:

I agree, given the age of the malware I would expect better detections. Comodo’s top-notch 99.6% on the 5000 test is nice but on the 500 test (of the slightly newer viruses) the detection rate I think could have been better.

Still, it’s great to see Comodo with such good detection rates. I remember a long time ago Melih promised detection rates better than Kaspersky and a lot of people said it couldn’t be done.

Well I hope those people brought a knife and fork because they’ll be eating their own words right about now…

:comodorocks: