COMODO System Cleaner 1.1.62802.23 BUG REPORTS [CLOSED]

Hello,

There are several registry hives. In the last BETA we use registry protection only for SYSTEM and SOFTWARE hive. So if the keys were located in the other hives(usualy not) we did not backed them up. The reason we did that is because this technology is new and needed a lot of testing first. In the next release(Tuesday) we will protect all hives.

Anyway, would be of great help if you pointed us to exact entries that you said were not restored by RP. Please send me a private message with those entries.

Such information should be included in Known Issues/Limitation in post about last beta release, shouldn’t it?

Hello,

You are right. Please check the main post about BETA release.

I had posted about some problems that I had with Windows Update and Windows complete PC backup after cleaning files with the Registry Cleaner and the Disk Cleaner in CSC. What I didn’t realize at the time I posted, was that Comodo had come out with a new Beta only two days after their release of CSC 1.1.62332.22 Beta. The problems that I had were related to my use of CSC 1.1.62332.22 Beta, not the current CSC 1.1.62802.23 Beta. I want to commend the Comodo team for this Beta. I am not having any problems with Windows Update or Windows complete PC backup after cleaning files with both the Registry Cleaner and the Disk Cleaner in this new CSC Beta.

I haven’t been using the Safe Deletion option in the Disk Cleaner program since I found that file deletion after reboot using this option was extremely slow, but no problems have been caused by any files that were deleted by the Disk Cleaner, when bypassing the Safe Deletion option. When bypassing this option, the files are deleted without having to reboot the computer and they are deleted fast. The Registry Cleaner has been working perfectly also, and has not deleted any files that caused subsequent problems with any program. I was not planning to use CSC again, until it came out of Beta, because it prevented Windows complete PC backup from completing a backup drive image. But I couldn’t resist, since I like Comodo products so much. I have been using Comodo Internet Security and Comodo Registry Cleaner ever since they first came out in Beta. I have not had any problems to speak of with any of the Beta versions of CIS. The Beta versions of Comodo Registry Cleaner and Comodo System Cleaner have caused a few problems, but nothing major until the CSC 1.1.62332.22 Beta. But now the problems that I had with the CSC 1.1.62332.22 Beta have been taken care of with this current Beta release. Great job, Comodo.

• XP sp3+ pro 32bit
  • EAV, OFP
  • Run CSC

Supposingly ctfmon.exe stop responding on hotkeys (alt+shift) for layout changing. Dunno why. No CSC drivers are installed on the system. No crpf, csdf installed (purposely deleted from reg&system32)

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): XP SP3 x32
  • Security Software Installed: CIS -latest beta update-

After using CSC -both registry an files clean- I can’t uninstall some applications. A “Unable to create temporary file. Setup aborted. Error 5” is displayed.

I’ve restored registry keys deleted using CSC but the problem persist.
I can’t do the same with files -maybe CSC must have this option available too-

I’m unable to restore OS to previous state because system restore tool displays a blank calendar.
Another issue is that I cannot create a new restore point because the system don’t let me assign a name to that restore point -I can’t type anything-

I’ve followed steps explained in this article: Microsoft Support but everything remains the same.

Using TuneUp Utilities I can create a restore point and see the points created before, but when I try to restore a previous backup, after rebooting, a message indicates me that I don’t have enough permissions to perform this action -I’m the administrator-.

Is there any way to recover my previous backup point?
How can I solve this behavior?

Thanks

Well, I’m not sure if it’s a bug, but uninstaller leaves these registry keys behind(see the screenshot bellow).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Operating system: Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Security software: Avira Antivir Personal Edition 8.2.0.337, Comodo Firewall 3.5.61373.458

Comodo Registry Cleaner does not detect some entries which other registry cleaner finds as invalid. I think CRC should also detect them.

• missing/invalid registry values in ShellNoRoam\MUICache
  • empty registry keys

[attachment deleted by admin]