COMODO Startup

Comodo IS wont start because of COMODO Internet Security Helper Service

I tried reinstall but it didnt help.

Event id 7009

COMODO Internet Security Helper Service connects but exceeds time limit time limit 30000

and CIS report

[attachment deleted by admin]

My Remote Access Connection managers and Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) services were stopped, could this be the cause.

I think this fixed it

ICS shouldn’t be required unless that’s a role your machine is playing. Remote Access Connection Manager is active on my system when the startup type is configured to manual.

The only dependency of COMODO Internet Security Helper Service is Remote Procedure Call (RPC) which should be configured to automatic startup type.

Errors are still happening. Today There was something wrong with Firewall startup. I couldnt connect to internet(dns service stopped responding) until I disabled the firewall driver

here is new cis report

[attachment deleted by admin]

I downloaded fix and will report back

still having problems with start up, I tried some fixes but they didnt help

Now firewall is working i can connect, but comodo agent service still wont run at startup

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 17.10.2014 10:14:18
Event ID: 7000
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Jugo-PC
Description:
The COMODO Internet Security Helper Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System
Jugo-PC

COMODO Internet Security Helper Service
%%1053

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 17.10.2014 10:14:18
Event ID: 7009
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Jugo-PC
Description:
A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the COMODO Internet Security Helper Service service to connect.
Event Xml:

0x8080000000000000

System
Jugo-PC

COMODO Internet Security Helper Service

Try reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron. It will provide a reliable and clean starting point.

I reinstalled windows. But now Comodo IS wont start at startup. Startup tab is empty under task manager

Cavwp.exe and cmdagent.exe start, but cis.exe or cistray.exe dont. Comodo IS is not even under startup in task manager. Fresh windows install and fresh Comodo install, what could it be.

I will add cis.exe to startup manually.

You can use this fix by qmarius. When CIS is on a non standard path you need to edit the xml file to match the path.