Comodo Site Inspector Launched for the forums

It was an URL as a char string, even though there was no hyperlink. :wink:

This is just an announcement in the public forums, if you want to test further you may want to apply for the malware research forum group.

Then I have a question: when people post these CIMA results, the malware analyzed sometimes attempts to connect to more malware to download. The it is logged in the CIMA report. If people go to those logged sites, then they may get malware. What about that eh?

very well said Jeremy! finally some support! teach those mods a lesson!!! ;D

What makes you think they donā€™t already do that ?

Xan

this website

http://freewebs.com/78tv/n1ves-celsius-playboy.html

donā€™t clean in website is Antivirus 2009ā€¦

hey, commandor, edit your post a bit, make the font bigger and say to people that the site contains malware and people must not visit that siteā€¦

They donā€™t do what? Mods do teach themselves a lesson? ???

I was thinking that you were talking about the analists ā€¦

Iā€™m sorry

Xan

I also meant that you mods are so strict about keeping these forums free from links to malware, yet links are there right under your nose.

Iā€™m not so sure about that: my Windows Live Profile used to link to malware I uploaded via Windows Live SkyDrive. The malware had warnings, was zipped, and password protected (with a pass like ā€œvirusā€ etc). The mods told me to remove it.

A ā€œdamagedā€ malicious link maybe not right with the mods.

I didnā€™t have domains, just uploaded malware.

I can not remember the site anymoreā€¦ I had it through googleā€¦ some mod has modified my post, I suppose he felt he had to take actionā€¦

i try to find it again and shall send it to you.

Can anyone confirm if the link ā€œcommandorā€ posted is malicious? If so we shall remove it (unless ā€œcommandorā€ him/herself removes it).

siteinspector did not find it to be an Actively Malicious site.

Melih

Can I make a suggestion?

How about we all do our utmost to never knowlingly post anything (a link, an obsfuscated link, a tinyURL link, a screenshot, a whatever) that could lead a less experienced user to a website that could infect them.

We wouldnā€™t like it done to us, so we shouldnā€™t do it to others.

If you must, do it by PM or, even better, by email or some other form of non-Comodo provided resource.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

+1
Please please post only links to help others not to harm.
Thank you
Dennis

Indeed. Please donā€™t make me mod this thread againā€¦ :slight_smile:

And it is OK to make suggestions to mods, and we will take them into account, and we may modify points of the policy out of user input if we consider itā€™s warranted. But until we say anything, please abide by the current policy. There must be some order. Thanks.