Comodo Security Agent could not be started

Hi,

on a Lenovo G510 notebook under Win7Pro SP1 I tried to install CFW 6.3.302093.2976.
After installation I had the message: “Comodo Security Agent could not be started”.

The CIS Diagnostic says: “Found not failure”.

After uninstalling Comodo firewall I paused the Avast Antivirus and the Windows Firewall and tried to install CFW again.
But the failure message was the same.

Was is to do?

P.S.: How can I attach the diagnostic report?

First step is to make sure that there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. Left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Also try adding the CFW installation folder to the exclusions of of the Avast AV and disabling the Avast sandbox (running two sandboxes at the same time may cause conflict).

Thanks for you reply, but your advices doesn´t help.

I have used the Avast Removal Tool avastclear.exe, to remove Avast Free Antivirus 9.0.2013.
Then I have uninstalled Comodo Firewall over Programs and Features.
After a Reinstall Comodo Firewall 6.3.302093.2976 I had the same error message
“Comodo Security Agent could not be started” and no errors in CISReport.
The line “Incompatible Software” in CISReport is empty.

I think, this is enough trouble with Comodo for me.
A firewall, which is so unpleasant at install, I cannot need on my computer

Bye bye Comodo!

It is a pity that you couldn’t solve a problem.
Let’s try once again. if you don’t mind.

1 . Comodo Firewall always is established by the first
2 . Only then Avast Free is established.
Then to add them to each other in an exception.

Then I have uninstalled Comodo Firewall over Programs and Features.
Removal of Comodo by standard way leaves traces from the first installation. Therefore there can be problems. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Look at this[url=https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/most-effective-way-to-reinstall-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html] page[/url] how to remove Comodo without the remains. ([s]there is a pale[/s] text is additional references - Are allocated with orange color). P.S. Also don't forget to remove Avast before the installation Comodo if it is now used.