Comodo Search problem

Hi,
Newb here so forgive any mistakes in posting. I recently loaded CIS and so far I’m 95% happy. The only complaint I have is when I used Firefox in the past, I had a neat feature where I could just type in the first part of a url without the “.com” and it would take me there. Now when I leave the “.com” out it takes me to Comodo Search and tells me the site doesn’t exist. This is annoying. Anyone know how I can get that back? I may even dump CIS if I can’t.

It does the same thing in IE8.

Thanks for any help.

To add to the above: Comodo Secure DNS: Enable & Disable Information

I have the same problem. Comodo actually disable the “i feel lucky standard mozilla function”. I want to turn this off. I try to manage the “about:config” then keyword.URL but i still have this problem.

Help help help help. I don’t wanna remove comodo :-s

EDIT: And…omg…sry i haven’t saw the date of the last post (sorry for up this again).

If I try to access to the EricJH’s link I encounter this error message: “An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.”

That topic was deleted. That’s why you cannot access it. It is in the bin.

I assume you want to disable Comodo DNS. The catch is you need to set Windows to obtain DNS servers automatically again (from your router).

When on XP follow this guide. When at point 5 of the guide set Windows to “Obtain DNS server address automatically” instead of to the Comodo servers.

When on Vista follow this guide. When at point 7 of the guide set Windows to “Obtain DNS server address automatically” instead of to the Comodo servers.

Oh thanks! Was bloody easy indeed. I try a lot of other thing and the solution was in front of me.

Sorry again for my up. I use search for don’t open another topic but I haven’t realize was a really old one. I was thinking the other 3d was delete.

Thanks again.

Oh thanks! Was bloody easy indeed. I try a lot of other thing and the solution was in front of me.

Sorry again for my up. I use search for don’t open another topic but I haven’t realize was a really old one. I was thinking the other 3d was delete.

Thanks again. Now I know how to fix the “problem” and how to return to use the comodo DNS server if I need to.