COMODO Rescue Disk (CRD) v2.0.275239.1 released!

Why hasn’t this download replaced the old version on the website.
I only found this forum post because the CD i burned wanted to download an updated ISO file.

So I burn your product from the website to be told it’s out of date, and have to download another version and burn that. Great. 2 CDs used. If it had been on the homepage to start with that would have been some time and resources saved !

• BUMP -

I echo the last post (from eight months ago): Why, after being available for approximately a year, is this version of the Comodo Rescue Disk not the one available on the Comodo site’s Rescue Disk page? I downloaded the Comodo Rescue Disk only a few days ago, burned it and booted it the same day, only to be informed immediately that there was a new version available – which would not install automatically. Meaning I had to save it to my Windows partition, reboot into Windows from the rescue disk environment, re-burn the new version of the rescue disk ISO all over again, the reboot back into the rescue environment.

Just wondering why, in all this time, the latest version has not been posted to the main Comodo Rescue Disk site for downloading? ???

Do you know what the version number is?

CRD did not seem to get any attention from Comodo and I wondered if it had been abandoned.

Edit: I reported this as a web site issue and sent a pm to Yanghua Fang.

The downloadable file on the Comodo site page for CRD is “Comodo Rescue 2.0.261647.1.iso”.

Edit: Sorry, I rename all my downloaded files into properly parsed English. The exact name of the file on Comodo’s site is “comodo_rescue_disk_2.0.261647.1.iso”.

I noticed another issue with this version of CRD (just cosmetic): The header at the top of the boot loader page (where it reads “Comodo Rescue Disk”) – the word “Rescue” is misspelled "Resuce"! :slight_smile:

Hello!
Whats happened? I just copy CRD to my USB flash drive with UNetbootin and works fine but before start scan said to me that needs to be updated!! Current version on the site is this: 2.0.275239.1 but before scan want to upgrade to new version…

I have two another issues with CRD!! can you help me

1. Can I install other linux-based apps on CRD e.g. firefox, LibreOffice and etc ?
  2. When specific malware can’t be deleted with CRD, what should be done ? sometimes CRD does not help!
    Sorry for bad (english)writing! :o

It has been noticed by others as well. Just scroll up a bit to my previous post. I have reported it and I hope it gets picked up. But Comodo does not seem to be very active developing it to say the least.

I have two another issues with CRD!! can you help me 1) Can I install other linux-based apps on CRD e.g. firefox, LibreOffice and etc ?
I never tried this but it may just be possible.
2) When specific malware can't be deleted with CRD, what should be done ? sometimes CRD does not help! Sorry for bad (english)writing! :o
I don't know. You could try Comodo Cleaning Essentials. If you have CIS installed you will have it. When you don't have CIS installed it you can download this [url=https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cce/cce-standalone-merged-topic-t89233.0.html;msg801174#msg801174]user submitted version[/url] of the latest CCE as taken from CIS.

When they can’t remove it try other scanners:
TDSS Killer
Hitman Pro
Malwarebytes Antimalware
Super Antispyware
Norton Power Eraser

When that does not help start a topic in Virus/Malware Removal Assistance and see if others can help you.

I noticed that Yanghua Fang was last online nearly 2 years ago: June 13, 2013. I am certainly starting to have suspicions that CRD is no longer maintained.

Maybe it’s a stable product.

The virus definitions it uses are being updated frequently.

That is certainly possible. It would be nice if someone were available to answer questions like they used to be though.

It may be stable but it’s also stagnant. I find many newer systems where the network doesn’t work. The kernel at least needs to be updated.
I notice that the CAV for Linux hasn’t been updated either since about 2013.

Maybe instad of using Linux maybe they should use Windows 10 Embeded or GUI-less?

That’s nice when you can get the network working a pain when you need to get them separately.

What you call stagnant I call stable. I like stability. There’s too much updating for the sake of updating in the computer business that people have become accustomed to it. Just because something is updated frequently does not make it good. It just means there are bugs fixed and features added. Once a product is perfect it needs no updating. :slight_smile:

It seems CRD is not getting much love from Comodo.

NEWER Modify

This a front PS
I held the power button until it shut down, and when I restarted it loaded fine

Older post

The latest version does not boot (Not sure if this matters - XP Pro 32bit SP3)
I downloaded the version from Comodo web site 2.0.261647.1
I placed that into my XP PC and it booted fine.
It then asked me to download the latest ISO 2.0.275239.1 which I did, and used my other PC to burn that to a CD.
I then placed it into the PC that the older version had booted into, and it gets stuck at -
udhcpc (v1.18.4) started
Sending discover …

Life wasn’t meant to be easy,
Rob

What happens when you boot from the before last version? Can you successfully run a scan?

Will there be support for Windows 10?

CRD is a bootable scanner it boots in to its own version of Linux so its not OS dependant.

Working. Probably the last time I did something wrong)))

That’s awesome, good to know it will work on my system as well.