Comodo Remote Management 1st Beta Released

Hi cswinney! We must admit your view is absolutely correct. Crypto layer is a must for distributed networks. Thus we’ve already implemented such a layer in our communication module and all the traffic between CRM Agent and CRM Central Service is encrypted.

Is this propitiatory or does it use standard protocols/ports? I ask because we manage a distributed network with equipment behind other institution firewalls. Whilst we have good communication and trust with these network managers who have to allow certain traffic in order that the equipment function, we do not have full access to their firewalls and have found that certain ports or traffic can be blocked. Of course it should be easier if the agent where to establish a connection by polling the server, but this may not always be the case.

Hi cswinney!
Indeed, our agents are initiating network connection to Central Service managing all the socket pool.

Now Central Service listens to tcp/9900 for agent connections and tcp/9001 for Admin Console connections. In next beta both of the ports will be configured during installation process and stored in CrmSrvService.exe.config file. So, you will be able to change port configuration by editing this file.

Bear in mind that CRM Agent service obtains address and port for connection to Central Service from its own service’s “start parameters”. So you will have to correct them either by hand or you will have to reinstall CRM agent.

I can’t wait for the next beta with workgroup management. I’d love to try it out.

Hi JP,

I believe we will be releasing the next version of the beta next week. Please stay tuned. If you have registered for the beta, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the download.

Thanks everyone!

Hi guys

So far what do you think about the usability of the product?
Please tell us!

thanks

Melih

Next weeks beta will still be AD-centric? Or will it include workgoup connectivity?

supposed to have workgroup connectivity.

Melih

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

Chucks a Tantrum

I can’t wait. I tried loading under 2003 on a test network but my 2003 disk was damaged
and I could not make the changes needed to AD.

OD

Work Group is going to sound be nice.

I might try it on my Dads & Sisters PC’s :BNC

The beta for Endpoint Security Manager (formerly known as CRM) has been released!

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_endpoint_security_manager/comodo_endpoint_security_manager_enterprise_edition_102_released-t25209.0.html