COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16 Released!

Must be something odd with my computer then ???. Have removed and re-installed CRC again (making sure there were no entries in program files, registry, etc before installing) but still the same problem. I had installed the beta previously (which I removed before installing this version). Help file seems fine as I can open it manually.

:slight_smile:

Have you got CPF3 or CIS and can you open the help file in either if you have.
Dennis

http://i36.tinypic.com/k3m1j9.png

I’m running SP3 and guess what I can’t open the help file, but I have to say this is one of hell of registry cleaner very good and very fast.

I was wondering Windows 2003 Server 32 bit / 64 bit Service Pack 3 config is released by microsoft :o

Works Like A Charm. Well Done.

It was a quick better too (:CLP)

I’m running SP3 and just installed CRC 1.0.12.16. I have no problem with the help file although the first time opening it I got a Defense + alert to allow or block which in this case I allowed. Ran the scan checking all with the exception of the in-depth search and filtered entries and it identified over 700 invalid entries approximately 200 of them being un-safe entries. Deleted all except the un-safe and then ran the compact, all went well.

You can safely remove them. What is not safe… we have Unsafe category for that. Some or most of Unsafe are actually safe to delete, but as we are not 100% sure of it we made this category for them. The decision for Unsafe is yours.

Hmmmm… sorry for that. We already modified that information.

Great work guys, Works very fast and effective. :■■■■

Also works great on my XP SP3 Laptop. It removed 715 entries and everything is still fine, which is a great relief after running any registry cleaners.

Thanks CRC team!

Jim

So, if one wants to use the final version of CRC, then one needs to install Windows Vista SP1.

Shouldn’t be like that. My self, and many other people that I know of, still haven’t installed SP1 for the problems caused by it are greater than the ones solved by it.

Why not giving the chance to those who still don’t have sp1 installed to intall CRC? Just a thought.

All the best.

i think b/c the majority of people have SP1 installed.

HOW SURE YOU ARE?

If CRC-BETA works on a non SP1 vista, then the CRC FINAL “should” works on a non-sp1… how could you say CRC-Final is beneficial for some users specially to those non-sp1 user WHO participated the Beta Testing? If CRC-Beta works on a non-sp1, CRC-Final SHOULD works on a non sp1 AS SIMPLE AS THAT… CRC-TEAM you disappoint a non-sp1 user including me!

(:TNG) (:TNG) (:TNG)

Tried this version. Had previously tried the Beta before the RC which was apparently over zealous and made windows unbootable. This version works fine so far 327 items removed and registry compacted. No need for my disk image I created prior to test.

i am little confused. i scanned with crc and it found 1521 items to delete. i again scanned with crc and it found 1520 items to delete. i again scanned with crc and it found 1515 items to delete. i again scanned with crc and it found 1520 items to delete. i again scanned with crc it found 1511 items to delete. now i am confused. i should trust this software or not. what u guyz say???

Those variations usually happen because of temporary/volatile registry entries. Applications can alter the content of registry hives at any moment.

again i scanned twice with crc. 1st time it found 1514 items and 2nd time it found 1513 items. then i tried reg seeker. oh my god this one found 7059 items. the items found are colour coded. the items safe to delete are in green colour and the items in green colour are 1317. but see the difference crc total items found 1514 and reg seeker total items found 7059. whats this?? this makes me think, what actually is a registry cleaner??? and is it safe to clean the registry with any registry cleaner???

one thing about crc, as i mentioned in my previous post that the problems found by crc keeps changing, one thing i want to mention here that the items found in all the category are same except in-depth search and unsafe entries.
in-depth search and unsafe entries figures keeps changing. mainly in-depth search. dont know why??? is this a bug or a corrupt registry cleaner or any other problem. what u xpert guyz say??

Well, I think RegSeeker is a beast. Not even the green entries are safe (I have experience from that).

LA

well now i do think like u. and as i said so many things about crc but still i will use one and the only registry cleaner thats crc. thats coz even if crc’s found items figures are not same but the difference is also not big just 2-3 entries and above all i trust comodo thats why i have installed comodo products boclean, ve, crc and cis which is still a beta. keep up good work comodo and melih and thanxx frenz.

thanxx

naren