COMODO Registry Cleaner 1.0.12.16 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

I never used the Compact module. I used default settings only.

Hi,

I have installed Registry cleaner on my machine and started Clean-up process. The scanning starts, however when processing ‘In-depth search’ it suddenly displays error message:
An error occured during the registry scan process.

Current scan location displayed is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\NtBackup\Hardware

I have repeated this several times and it always displays the same error message. I have Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

Janez

:THNK
I was able to get my Sony notebook running Windows XP Home Edition SP3 to boot up again. I downloaded an ISO of Windows XP Home Edition SP3 because all I had was the Sony Recovery Disks. Then I copied the OS from the ISO CD that I created. After searching the Internet for Windows XP registry hive problems, I found that the UBCD4Windows would solve my problem. Then I downloaded the UBCD4Windows file, followed the instructions on the website and created a Windows XP Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows pointing it to the XP OS folder on the hard drive of the Vista computer I used to do all this. Then I booted up from the UBCD4Windows boot CD and restored the registry to an earlier date prior to having run CRC and compacting the registry. I then ran Registry FirstAid and cleaned and defragmented the registry. After doing so, I once again ran Comodo Registry Cleaner and cleaned the registry errors that it found. But I DID NOT compact the registry. I took a screen shot of what the Comodo Registry Cleaner showed for free space and wasted space and the size before and after compacting. The file is attached. The data shows a larger registry size AFTER compacting (1,263,558 KB) than before compacting (29,056 KB). The data on the Comodo compact screen shows 2,959,801 KB of wasted space. This is a huge problem that is only occurring with CRC on my Sony XP SP3 computer. I am not about to run the CRC compacter on this Sony XP computer again, as long as I am seeing these types of figures.

[attachment deleted by admin]

larlyles, many others have encountered the registry size bug. We’re hoping for a bug fix in the next release. :wink:

LA

Hi ,
This bug is fixed in the future version

Attn: Andrei Ciubotaru
Attached is CRC’s backup of my registry, and the report generated (inside temp.zip).
I am sending to you via this part of the board as replying through PM does not give me the option to attach files.
I hope this will allow you to locate the reason Flash Player cannot be used after a Scan is completed.
Note settings used are default (includes In-Depth Search), no Compacting (just Clean).

Vista Ultimate x64 Sp1, all updates installed and current.
CVE, BoC, CMF, CIS (all current).
No other Sec installed.

Ignore feature doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried ignoring entire string and also partial and same result that should be ignored is on the cleaning list again.

Hi ,
What entry have you tried to ignore ? Please give us more details .

As part of the COMODO team, our apologies for the inconvenience. In order to restore your registry please read the fallowing :
( I will assume that your windows installation is located on the C drive if it’s located on other drives
just change the drive letter into that of yours)
For windows Xp(32/64):

• boot your computer from the windows installation CD
  • when you are prompted to choose what you want to do next (e.g install fresh copy of windows, repair…) choose repair;
    this will bring up the recovery console
  • when prompted choose the appropriate windows installation
    You will be prompted for the administrator password.
    Next type the fallowing:
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\software
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\sam
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\security
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\system
    copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software
    After this type exit, and your computer will reboot.
    For Windows Vista(32/64)
  1. Boot your computer with the windows installation CD/DVD
  2. Press ‘Next’ at the first screen and then choose the repair option at the ‘Next’
  3. Select your windows installation and then press again ‘Next’
  4. When the next screen comes up select ‘Command prompt’
  5. In the command prompt type the fallowing :
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\software
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\sam
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\security
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\system
    copy c:\windows\system32\config\regback\software c:\windows\system32\config\software

If prompted to overwrite , accept.

Since this is a temporary sollution please take the time and send us the fallowing files
(so that we may look further into the problem and recover all your settings)
c:\software
c:\sam
c:\system
c:\security

(L)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I didn’t have a Windows XP installation disk. All I had was the Sony emergency recovery disk set. See my post on the previous page to read what I was able to do to solve the registry hive problem that prevented a reboot, even from safe mode.

in the cleaning window when everything in a sub category is checked for fixing (say “unsafe entries” for example) the check box next to the category name should be checked and when nothing in the sub category is checked, then the check box next to the category name should not be checked. when some entries are checked for fixing the check box next to the category name should be filled in to show it. crc doesn’t indicate that some entries are marked for fixing.

see screen shots- some entries are checked in “unsafe entries” but the check box next to the category name doesn’t indicate it. i used Windows Features as an example. the check box is filled b/c only one item is checked.

vista home prem 32bt sp1
cfp3
avast

As directed I have used the installation CD to reboot the system. However it remains unstable and at times goes blank and starts rebooting again. I have no idea where the files c:\software, c: \system, c:\sam and c:\ security are. However i have a log of he CRC which i am attaching. I have a copy of the original registration keys taken as back up. Pl advise how i can utilise it for restoration of my original settings

Restoring your registry to a date just prior to when you ran CRC and had this problem should take care of the problem. IF you have another computer you can use, and you have your installation CD, you can create a UBCD4Windows recovery disk using the other computer and then use the UBCD4Windows CD to restore your registry on the computer you are having the problem with, to a date just prior to when you ran CRC on September 22.

Go to Apps for Utilities & Operating Systems - CNET Download to download the UBCD4Windows file. Then you can run the file and create an ISO image and burn it to CD by following the instructions at UBCD for Windows under “Extracting, setting up, and building UBCD4Win:”. You can get the free Imgburn ISO burner at http://www.imgburn.com/. It is simple to use. Once you have created the UBCD4Windows CD, go to How To Fix The Windows Registry Hive Error - Technibble and follow the instructions starting with step #3. Your computer should boot to the UBCD4Windows CD after you put it in your CD drive and turn your computer on. If it doesn’t, you will have to go back to step #2 and go into the BIOS to set your computer to boot from CD first.

This may sound too complicated, but it is really not. If you feel that it is too complicated, get a friend who is computer savvy to help you. You have to have a working computer and go to 1 website to download the UBCD4Windows file, 1 website to download the Imgburn ISO burner, and the other 2 websites for the instructions on how to burn the ISO image and how to run the Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows recovery CD to restore your registry to a date prior to when you ran CRC and had your problem. This is how I solved my registry hive problem on a Sony notebook that would not boot up at all, but would go to a Blue Screen Of Death and report a message that the registry hives were missing, corrupted, or had been overwritten. This is the only way I know to restore your registry to a point prior to when you first had your problem.

Good day!

I installed the Comodo registry cleaner :BNC and gave it a try, but lately when I leave the program open for some time or when I want to close the program it gives me an error :frowning: >:( like you see in the attached screenshot:

Edit:

PC

• Vista Home premium sp1 32 bit
  • Asus laptop, AMD Turion x2 TL-52 (1.6 ghz…)
  • 2048 MB RAM DDR2

security software

• CFP 3.0.25.378 (defense + fully enabled)
  • Comodo safe surf
  • Verification Engine
  • Eset Nod 32 antivirus

How I produced the problem ?

• Easy: Open the application… let the gui open for a while… and thenclose it…

How to solve the problem ?

• Easy: Either click on ok or wait till the alert disappears by it self…

Mini dumps?

• No minidump available…

Umm… Please respect the guidelines, otherwise your bug reports may be useless 88):

The VE for Vista discussion continues here. (:m*)

LA

Discussion of CVE in CRC bug reports?
Ah, I see, a second link to redirect. My mistake.

[b][u]Hi to everyone! …this is my 1st topic here!

:■■■■

I’ve downloaded CRC_Setup_1.0.12.16_2k_XP_Vista_Server2003_x32_x64.exe from COMODO web site.
I was wondering to clear the Registry of my Windows 2003 Server Standard Ed with SP2 (Italian) but…

I CAN’T INSTALL IT!! (:SAD)

This is the message i get when i try to install the program:
Your Operating System does not meet the minimum requirements to run this application!

WHY?

These are the satisfactory requirements seen in the COMODO web page:
[i]Download - Comodo Registry Cleaner
Comodo Registry Cleaner version 1.0

File Size 2.2 Mb
Supported Operating Systems

o Windows Vista 32bit / 64 bit Service Pack 1
      o Windows XP 32 bit / 64 bit Service Pack 2
      [b]o Windows 2003 Server 32 bit / 64 bit Service Pack 2[/b]
      o Windows 2000 Service Pack 4[/i]

Any suggestions? What is my wrong?

Regards.
fAZernERo (Italy)

I am sorry to read you can not install CRC on your machine… Besides the required operating system, what are the minimum requirements to run CRC ???

Hi TripleX (XXX) (:WAV)

Thanks for your replay… but my requirements of avaiable memory, disc space and SP level are respected! (:HUG)
Have you or anyone some suggestions?

Regards.
fAZernERo