Comodo & Program Files [Resolved]

Hi,

I left ZA Free edition for Comodo and I am now busy to configure it properly.

Something that I cannot understand is when I try to download an application into the folder “Program Files”, in fact, I get a pop up window mentioning:

C:\Program Files\ApplicationItrytodownload.exe could not be saved, because you cannot change the contents of that folder.
Change the folder properties and try again, or try saving in a different location.

I tried to switch off Comodo just to be sure this is due to the firewall and indeed it seems so, given that if I deactivate it, the application download into “Program File” correctly.

Would you please tell me how to solve this?

Thank you
Alex
???

Hi and welcome,

Can you try opening CFP, go to ‘security’>‘advanced’>click ‘configure’ under the 'miscellaneous section. A popup will appear. Can you uncheck ‘protect own registry key and files from unauthorised modification’, and see if this stops your problem?

Mike

Mike,

Thank you very much, you rtip solved my problem :BNC

Alex

Hi,

I’m glad that helped ;). That option in CFP protects registry entries and program files, and stops anything from changing them. It sometimes affects other program files however, instead of just CFP’s and blocks them from being edited. It is recommended you turn this option back on, once you’ve downloaded what you need, for security reasons.

I’ll mark your post resolved. If you would like it reopened, just pm a moderator so they can reopen it. Please include a link to the topic.

Mike