Comodo Preventing HUAWEI modem from working

ISSUE:
If you are using a HUAWEI modem - those USB sticks that connect to the internet over 2g/3g comodo CIS prevents (maybe not all) HUAWEI modems from connecting.

you will get an error saying “Remote Access Connection Manager count not be started”.

I discovered comodo was the cause to this as i tried installing the modem after removing comodo.
What happens is that comodo prevents the program from enabling/starting a service.

A Quick Fix:
RUN> Services.msc

Find Remote Access Connection Manager and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager.

for each of these service, right click>properties, and change it from disabled to Manual.

then for each right click > start. (not sure if this last step is needed as the modem software will start the service aswell)

Details
[1]Again im unsure which modems are affected, for me its a modem from a phone provided named o2.
[2] it affected 2 systems i used which were both windows 7[32]
[4] both accounts tested were running under admin privilages
[5] running latest comodo Firewall & defense+ (Version 5) - was using an older version on the second computer before i removed it.
[6] no difference if program was sandboxed or not
[7] There is no mention of the service in the comodo events, and the application is full trust
[8] one had comodo running under default settings, the other with security increased a little bit more.

i didnt attach for software as it will not run without the modem attached , i really just posted this so people in the same situation can find a solution when searching for this problem.

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

Best wishes

Mouse

PM sent

will add more info soon, i only use the modem at the weekends and when i get home tomorrow il upload the installation file as fast as i can.

This could be a tricky problem to recreate, as it might require the devs to actually have one of the usb modems, but hopefully the software il post will help them figure out what comodo is preventing.

if you want, i can leave a remote desktop on with the usb modem attached.

in the meantime il try to post in the format of the standard bug report, i cant think of any more info to add though, as it seems that it affected different versions of comodo , and different av didnt affect it e.t.c , but anyways when i get the modem tomorrow il probably post a video which will give a clear idea of what is happening.

More to be added soon,

Thanks please do post in standard format, or the devs may not look at it.

Will wait till the w/e

Many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

Please post in this topic when you have the information needed, and the topic will moved by a Moderator.

We do check these topics for new post, so if the problem does recur please do post.

Thank you

Dennis