Comodo Personal Firewall 2.3.4.45 Boot Up Time

It won't help report anything to MS... they'll say "it's a CPF fault"... :P Won't help... I'm sure. MS is only of the 'slower' companies to 'support back' the user that reports errors, specially the 'common' and 'small' user :'(

I agree, but this is why we can’t expect that Comodo should have a fix for a problem that isn’t in fact, theirs. LOL, I would suppose if companies were to do this, with all the MS problems, they would have no time for their own software, lolll :smiley: :smiley: Sad but true. While I wish there was a way to fix this issue for you , this is in fact a Microsoft issue, and they need to add these security firewalls\anti-v to their list of known running processes for the security scanner. My “personal take” aside from technical, is that Windows does this on purpose for marketing purposes. The take may be in fact to ignore other securities while making their own look nice and perfect. As you stated, those who don’t know any better, will think something isn’t working as it should be just because WSC green light won’t go. This is sad I think and an error\marketing scheme on Microsoft’s part. I am sorry there is no fix for this , but I can guarantee Comodo is running as would others.

Cheers,

Paul

Error: No Keyboard detected.
Press any key…

Ummm while a good suggestion, I can’t find the ANYKEY! :wink:

Cheers,

Paul

Is it just this? Just simple as this? A known process running?
Did Comodo change the running process at last update?
If not, the cpf.exe process is there…, why WSC does not recognize it?
I won’t expect that a different hash will due to this… each program update will bring trouble to WSC and this is not what happens: antivirus and firewalls are recognized after update…

I can’t judge so far… I have very few data to do so.
Anyway, avast was ‘excluded’ from Vista RC1 5600… by ‘accident’…

But why just I’m having this problem?
Which is different on my Windows installation?

Ok. what I want you to do is this…use the "change the way security center alerts me " and uncheck all. Close out. Now go to START \ALL PROGRAMS\ACCESSORIES\SYSTEM TOOLS and click on SECURITY CENTER to restart. Then see if the green light is on.

Cheers,

Paul

Because, well… nobody actualy depends on that stupid security center.
I’m sory for the harsh word. But it’s had to be said.

…to me, a PC’s security center, should have alot more function rather than just displaying missleading message like the current one. It’s a criple-ware. …a sucky-yucki-ware.
A pc security center, should be a powerfull-mega-giant-robot-kinda-thing, with alot of function to defense the pc, rather than just a whining application stating “…there’s no firewall…you’ll soon end up on hell…”

…yeah, right. …wait until Paul’s mother in law gets you!

Paul, now Comodo is ‘recognized’ but Windows says it’s not ‘enabled’.
For sure it’s running, the icon on system tray, the Security Level set to ‘Custom’.
So, two green lights (for antivirus and automatic updates) and one red (Comodo firewall).
Thanks for helping 8)

Not a problem, but make sure your notify for firewall is still checked else the green light won’t come on.

Cheers,

Paul