We are happy to announce that COMODO Online Storage 2.0.6 was released to public.
- Dropzone. The dropzone is non-intrusive and it appears only when dragging and dropping something
- Website application for browsing / uploading / downloading files https://www.ccloud.com
- Files and Folders on website can be shared with other people, even non-COS users by sending them the link
- 5GB free accounts. You can sign-up with your email address as username.
- Optional automatic upload of screen captures
- synchronization option in right click menu on a folder
- default synchronized folder in MyDocuments with overlayed icons which is automatically synchronized over all computers where you login
- COS mounted drive which behaves like a local drive.
- COS 2.0 is a complete remake and it doesn’t have anything in common with COB 1.x
- You can gain up to 10GB of extra storage space if you send you referral link to friends (200MB per each friend who signs up)
- WSDL documentation (updated API for Online Storage) here.
- Detailed logs in %TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder for debugging easier any issues. They should be posted with each bug report.
- better speed when uploading / downloading via dropzone
- cos-core-lib which was reported as damaged sometimes
- sync and COS services that can’t be started on Windows XP x64
- shell extension options that didn’t appear
- exclamation mark in COS system tray icon when COS service was sometimes reported as not started when actually was started
- COS drive mounted in an inconsistent state after installing the application
- Sometimes the Drop Zone doesn’t remember its last known position on screen;
- In some cases, the first upload to COS via the Drop Zone and the first download from the COSDrive - for files\folder takes some extra time before initiating;
- Sometimes files/folders are not automatically deleted from the Online Storage drive after the upload is cancelled;
- Sometimes the Drop Zone needs to be disabled and then enabled in order to start;
- System tray baloon error messages not showing up on Windows XP;
- On some operating systems, the COS drive and the COS Service don’t initialize properly after the installation;
- Explorer.exe may be slower when executing basic operations with the mounted COSDrive (when browsing its contents, when executing move/copy operations to the COSDrive and vice-versa)
Please use this topic to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.
Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:
Setup file size & checksums:
9.49 MB (9955000 bytes)