COMODO Online Storage 2.0.5 RC Released!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO Online Storage 2.0.5 RC was released!!!

What’s new:

• the signup page and the free activation page in setup were combined into a single one
    moved default online synchronized folder inside My Documents folder (username’s Online Sync folder)
  • WSDL documentation (updated API for Online Storage) here.
  • Detailed logs in %TEMP%\ComodoLogsFolder and \Windows\Temp\ComodoLogsFolder for debugging easier any issues. They should be posted with each bug report.

What’s fixed:

• minor issues with dropzone

Known issues:

• On some operating systems, after restart, the Drop Zone doesn’t remember its last known position on screen;
  • In some cases, the first upload for files\folder takes some extra time before initiating;
  • Some issues related to logging in for the first time;
  • Sometimes files/folders are not automatically deleted from the Online Storage drive after the upload is cancelled;
  • Sometimes the Drop Zone needs to be disabled and then enabled in order to start;
  • System tray balloon error messages not showing up on Windows XP;
  • large files uploaded via website may be damaged

Bug Reports:

Please use this topic to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

Download Location:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 2008 Server 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit:

http://download.comodo.com/cos/download/setups/COS_2.0.5.7_xp_vista_server2003_server2008_win7_RC.exe

Setup file size & checksums:
9.41 MB (9874040 bytes)
MD5: 5A3D0F3FFBD364484FCB41FD9DC05169
SHA1: B9D6FAEA077B361F050ED81B6A522763F60EC875

Great work guys!
Keep it coming!

I really like the idea of this product, but it really needs some-kind of cache or pre-load.

Navigating the drive using windows explorer is a total P.I.T.A. since it is incredibly slow and unresponsive.

Even deleting a few amount of files takes such a large amount of time

This is because Windows Explorer it’s not well optimized and performs a lot of requests.
You can try some other explorer utility, like Total Commander, for example.

Thanks

Well… in that case I should use windows command that have even less requests? :-p

There must be somehow a way to optimize this experience. Using total commander is only a workarround for what I want to do how I want to do. With dropbox I have such a good experience but I would prefer 1 million times to trust my files to comodo

There is a folder in My Documents which works like dropbox. You can use that.
The drive has slower speed because all requests are sent to Online Storage server.

Strange… I’ve tested the following:

1. Put a file inside the COS folder at “My Documents” → no sync happened

2. Put a file inside the COS drive: sync happened

3. Search for the file using Everything: detected only at my original location from I copied the file. Is this expected?

Wow~ Great JOB!!! :-TU

Question : upload one file size limit?

Report : not view file size at the ‘Go to Web Application’

No limit, just the size of the storage you have.

We are working on this issue, it should be fixed soon.

Thanks

Hi

I have a problem with Comodo Online Storage Version: 2.0.5.7 RC in Winodws 7 SP1 x64 dont work. I see error “Comodo Online Storage Service is not started”

but the same version of Comodo Online Storage (Version: 2.0.5.7 RC) in Windows XP SP3 x32 work perfect.

can you help me please ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

The issue was fixed, and an update will be available in few days.

Thanks