COMODO Online Storage 2.0.2 BETA3 Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“COS diagnostics report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
  • Any other Additional Information;

Edit by Arkangyal: “COS diagnostics report.txt” (txt name corrected)

Issue

The dropbox does not appear when a drag operation is commenced.
The dropbox does not stay onscreen. It only appear briefly when first loaded. To use the dropbox, I have to right click the system tray icon, turn Dropbox OFF, right click the system rtrsy icon again and turn Dropbox back ON to make it appear. Then, if I am quick enough, I can drop files into it.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Win 7 Premium 32 bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; CIS 5.5,
  • How you produced the problem; Installed COS Client 2.0.2. BETA
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); LOL. A screenshot of something that isn’t there?
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…); NTFS
  • All log files; N/A
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder); N/A
  • User Account Control On/Off ?; ON
  • Any other Additional Information; Same error existed in previous versions of COS BETA

Ewen :slight_smile:

COS desktop does not support long passwords

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 2008 Server R2 SP1
  • How you produced the problem; use a long password. example: lW5EkeNOIWeH7loYgQ7G
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; change the password for a shorter one
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); multiple errors. it does not login in computer client but it does login in chrome
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) ntfs
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder)
  • User Account Control On/Off ?
  • Any other Additional Information;

Issue

Diagnostics has detected some errors. What errors???

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Vista 64 bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed: CIS, CB, CSC
  • How you produced the problem: Installed COS Client 2.0.2. BETA, then started the client
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: started the disabled backup services, then restarted the client
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): N/A.
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: N/A
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…): NTFS
  • All log files: attached
  • does Diagnose says the application is installed correctly? (“Diagnose report.txt” in %TEMP% folder): no such file, it is called “COS diagnostics report.txt” (i’ve fixed the 1st entry).
  • User Account Control On/Off ? ON
  • Any other Additional Information; Same error existed in previous versions of COS BETA

Earlier errors in the diagnostic file: i’ve disabled the backup services and these were displayed in the txt. After this report, i’ve enabled (Disabled → Manual, then i’ve started the services) and started the services manually.

"17.07.2011 23:16:46 Online Storage service binary location is different than the application path.
17.07.2011 23:16:46 Online Storage service binary path is “C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\COMODO BackUp.”

How can i correct this? Why is this an issue? (no uppercase)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Checked services and file paths (services.msc):

Comodo BackUp COSService - “C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO[b]COMODO BackUp[/b]\COSService.exe”

Comodo BackUp Service - “C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO[b]COMODO BackUp[/b]\SynchronizationService.exe”

Application path - “C:\Program Files\Comodo[b]COMODO Online Storage[/b]\COSCLIENT.exe”
Let me know if anything else can help to determinate the problem. COB vs CB battle?

The problem will be fixed in the next release.
You can ignore it until then.

Thanks

Did, thanks. I’ve uninstalled both CB and COS, have rebooted and re-installed COS.
Very interesting, i got lot more problems in the diagnostic file (attached):

20.07.2011 16:35:25 SYNCHRONIZATION SERVICE IS NOT STARTED!
20.07.2011 16:35:25 FAILED TO CHECK ONLINE STORAGE SERVICE STATUS WITH ERROR CODE 101060!
20.07.2011 16:35:25 cbvd.sys IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY!
20.07.2011 16:35:25 CBReparse.sys IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY!

Oh, and i ain’t got sync service listed this time at services (only Comodo Backup).

*** BUMP ***

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-online-storage-a��-cos/comodo-online-storage-202-beta3-bug-reports-t74214.0.html;msg530708#msg530708

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Edit : I Have no idea what the two odd characters in the link are, but the bump was for my issue 6 posts above.

Today we tried to get COS and CB to work with OmpletGuy (thanks a lot!).

• Installed CB, had a reboot=COS not available from CB (BETA3), “An error occured”.
  • Installed COS client beta, reboot, had some various error messages while i’ve tried to log in:
  1. internal error 5 - i had no network
  2. -//- 100000 ???
  3. -//- 194, 2nd try for logging in
  4. -//- 175, unchecked “Remember me”, but had the same result after i’ve checked that option again.

In the report file i only find one line regarding the error (different service version, had no uppercase) - attached.

Try again now.
There was an issue with the server.

Thanks

Man… i saw the following within many tries:
“Internal error encountered while logging in : 195”

Then i’ve closed the application with the “Exit” command at the tray, restarted the client: finally i could log in and now i see a new drive letter.
Some infos about tests:

• Once the application hanged, the buttons were gray - i had no other opinion but force kill with Alt+f4. This was a bad idea, as the program was still in the memory, so i have to use task manager. Maybe this is important: the COS client will not shutdown the COS service (but starts it).
  • always had a displayed diag report, where i saw no UPPERCASE texts, just that different version line.

Anything else which may help?

The error 195 is a client internal error.
We are working on it and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks

Thank you Emanuel!