Comodo Online BackUp vs Mozy

Thanks for the invitation. I can comment some points:

1. I don’t find a way to save my online backup configurations (backup sets). Need to configure from the start. Only the local backup seems to have pre-defined backup sets.

2. The major drawback is that the application does not compare the stored files from the ones being backuped. So everything starts from the beginning.

3. There is no on-line scanning in the sense of monitoring changed files. So, there is not a startup button or a system tray icon.

4. I’m attaching some Mozy configurations options.

5. Right now, I can’t compare with Mozy. CB is much limited. Besides this, Mozy allow free space for referrals. I’ve got almost 20Gb. The CB invitation is for 1Gb and lasts one year.

Anyway, thanks for the invitation. Keep your good work.
Will consider, soon, a way to translate CB into Portuguese.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi

You can use incremental CBU backup or incremental simple Copy to avoid files being uploaded every time.

You mean changed files online or local? Please be more specific.
If you mean files that change locally you can use synchronized backup.

Most of the options described in Mozy are present in CB but they are arranged differently.

For example:

1. Show backup status icon on file - the status of the backups can be seen in Manage in CB
  2. Warn when I go over quota - the bar with used space turns red when it get’s near the storage space limit
  3. Backups can be scheduled to run when idle and with different processor usage (schedule modes and backup step 4 )
  4. Status of the scheduled backups can be viewed in Manage
  5. Automatically update is available in CB

Plus CB has some extra features that I can’t find in Mozy :

1. CB can mount the storage space with a drive letter assigned so the Online Storage can be accessed like any other drive from your computer (see screen-shot).
  2. You can just listen to music, view photos or edit documents directly from Online Storage, like you would on your local Computer
  3. Since Online Storage can be accessed like any other drive you can use any program to backup data to COS, not just CB.
  4. CB has smart synchronization feature.
    So, when synchronizing data, if a single byte changes in a large file, only one block (512 bytes) will be uploaded to COS, not the entire file. This helps saving bandwidth.
  5. CB has support for command line and scripting so you can create automatic backup / restore processes.

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.
For translation to Portuguese contact me on email and I will email you a .rc file.

Thanks

Local files changed. The synch button seems to work, although it’s taking a long long time to start to copy new files to the server.

Mozy has this feature, giving a folder in Windows Explorer. Although it is not mounted (does not receive a letter).

Mozy does not offer this feature.

Interesting.

Quite good. I don’t think this happen with Mozy.

Good. Although we, generally, always prefer the GUI to do this operations.

Let me finish the CTM translation with doskey. Next version is scheduled to September (I think).

It does NOT work.
Tried to run both with and without admin access.
Folders can’t be created, files are not overwritten, etc. etc.

Hi

This is is a bug. It should work.

Please follow these steps to help us debug the issue:

1. Go to registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup\ComodoBackup\COS\Config.
  2. Change the “Logging” value from 1 to 2.
  3. Restart the computer
  4. Repeat the operation
  5. Try again to copy a folder that doesn’t have special characters in name (“Analise” folder has “a” with apostrophe)
  6. Go to instalation folder and post here the “Comodo Online Storage Communication.log”

Thanks

Thanks Emanuel.
Will do it.

I suppose I would be able to use accented characters in the future… It’s a major drawback.

Yes this will be possible.
We can’t say for sure this is the cause until we look at the log.

Thanks

Well… now is CB which is acting weird…

Is this is constantly reproducible?
If yes, follow these steps:

1. Go to Windows → Run type "cmd.exe’ and hit Enter
  2. In cmd.exe window type “C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Comodo BackUp\CBU.exe” /enabledebug (assuming C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Comodo BackUp\ is the installation folder)
  3. Restart CBU.exe and COSService.exe
  4. Try again to connect to COS
  5. In cmd.exe window type “C:\Program Files (x86)\Comodo\Comodo BackUp\CBU.exe” /dumpdebugcontent
  6. Collect the “Debug.cbu” file located in the instalation folder and post it here for analysis. Also post the online communication log.

Thanks

Any update on this?

Well… I’m experiencing a memory leak with CTM and avast 5.0.661 Beta.
It a problem that is behind my test capacity of Comodo Backup right now.
Although I was trying and got another error…