Comodo not restoring tabs when I click 'Restore'

When I close the Comodo browser in Task Manager, the system usually crashes. Sometimes it crashes on its own. After it reboots, I reload Comodo Dragon and click the ‘Restore’ tab. But about 1/3 of the time, it doesn’t restore the tabs. I have to try and remember which tabs I had open. They aren’t in the History. Why doesn’t it always restore the tabs?

Hi randomguy2013,
Do you happen to have anything set to ‘clear at exit’ under privacy in the advanced settings?

Or are you sometimes using ‘incognito mode’?

Thanks.

No, in the ‘On Startup’ section it’s set for ‘Continue where you left off’. This issue only happens about 1/3 of the time. So I do change various settings once in a while, but whatever settings I have, whether I change them or leave them the way they are, it is not restoring the tabs a lot of the time. It’s not the settings. If it was a setting, then it would be doing it 100% of the time or 0% of the time. I don’t usually use incognito mode either. Occasionally I do. But there’s no correlation. It doesn’t restore 1/3 of the time even when I haven’t used incognito windows for weeks.

Hi randomguy2013,
Sorry I am not sure what is happening, does using the recent tabs list show your previously closed tabs? (Screenshot)
If yes, this could be used as a workaround.

When closing Dragon via the task manager, this should not affect the system.
Is the system stable apart from this issue?
I would consider resetting Dragon, remembering this will remove some personal settings/preferences and history etc.
Reset Browser Settings-Comodo Help

Kind regards.

[attachment deleted by admin]

No, the Recent Tabs list never shows the tabs I had open before it crashed. It only shows tabs that I closed manually during the previous session.

If by ‘stable’ you mean does it crash all the time, no it typically doesn’t crash on its own. What usually causes the system to crash is me closing Comodo in Task Manager. I do that because after 1-3 days the system has slowed down so much that it takes too long for pages to load, and closing Comodo and reloading it speeds up page loads to normal speed. But usually it crashes instead of just closing Comodo. And sometimes it doesn’t restore my tabs. The previous tabs aren’t anywhere in History or Recent Tabs.

I’ll reset it and see if that makes a difference.

What happens when you close Dragon from within Dragon instead of closing it with task manager?

The same. Sometimes it crashes Windows, sometimes it doesn’t, and some of the time my tabs don’t Restore.
Is there some way to get email notifications of replies? I don’t see that option in my Profile.

I enabled to get email notifications for you. It can be found under Notifications and Email in your profile.

Hi randomguy2013,
Considering this issue appears to be causing the system to randomly crash please try disabling ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’, found under system in Dragons advanced settings.

Kind regards.

Done. I’ll see if it helps over the next week or so.

Thanks

I disabled ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’ but it didn’t make a difference.

Comodo Dragon was my default browser. I usually have around 30 tabs open. I prefer Dragon because it enables me to get past the paywall on my favorite news site; other browsers don’t. After nothing could stop it from crashing Windows, I started using Opera as my default browser. For the past month I’ve been watching how Windows handles it, and with 30-40 tabs open, it never crashes. I’ve been keeping only 3 to 5 tabs open in Dragon, and it’s not crashing the system either. Dragon is restoring the tabs when I close it and reopen it. Windows is also running faster. Page loads are faster. Before, the system would slow down so much that even if it didn’t crash, I’d have to boot every 2 days or so. I have only had to boot it twice in the last month. So my conclusion is Dragon can’t handle that many tabs open.