Comodo not remembering trusted programs

Can you manually track down the updater .exe and add it manually to the App Monitor? You can just put “Learn” for the parent… Allow TCP/UDP In/Out (just means the app can communicate both ways). Okay, then reboot.

That’s a pretty cool looking theme. I’m using RacerX at home and Repetoire at work; both are MaxStyles themes. http://www.maxstyles.com/news.php I’m not running the full windows blinds package; just the themes.

LM

Such a very good idea, and I thought that I was an advanced user, only to overlook the obvious LoL
Thank You for the site (I thought I had them all–LoL)
I just patched my own UX theme, when I am not using styleXp (which is not very often)…
I did manage to find the nocturnal theme/style on the LightStar Page, and will include a link to the home page for you to peruse at will…
I have gotten a lot of themes/styles from here…
If you happen across an all (classic) gold theme/style let me know, as it seems that none exist, and I am not fairing to well in making one…
There is a lot of free styles here also, and of course–buy ones; nocturnal is a freebie–which suprises me, since a good black theme is also hard to find (that is usable)
I still can not believe that I did not think to add it manually -insert head smack here LoL (:SAD)
Sincerest Blessings
(:CLP) (R)
http://www.lightstar1.com/download.php

Let us know how manually adding the rule works. Hopefully that should solve at least part of the problem. My thought is that if you’ve got that as a start, hopefully it will work more smoothly. I don’t know why it’s not already, but there you have it. It’s a computer!

You might check out aes VS v1.0, available on http://interfacelift.com/ under Themes. Some other resources are www.stardock.com, www.skinbase.org, and www.wincustomize.com. If you have StyleXP that certainly opens up your options. I have not used anything that requires that app; only those that can be used with uxtheme. That limits it quite a bit, but I’m not so much into the themes/skins that I want to pay… :wink:

LM

Since lowering the Comodo to a level that is efficient, and un-intursive, I have seen no problems…
So thank you very kindly for your time, and I will go into the off topic room, to further discuss themes, because I have found, that even if it does not always show in the properties–it can still be set (occasionally)…
And you may be surprised at your selection, because unless it is specifically disected for window blinds, etc., it can generally be used, as long as it is a msstlye, and there are hundreds that I have collected, and only one pay -(Universal metal=overrated), and do not see a need to purchase anymore, not with what is available, for free…
Again, thank you for your expetise; it doesn’t even feel like I have the firewall on now–except for I.E. connections, will not let that go auto, been re-directed to some pretty stout trojans LoL (:KWL)
Sincerest Blessings

This may be a simplistic remedy, and I didn’t read every reply submitted so far, but have a suggestion. When I installed CFP I clicked the option to have Comodo check its list for certified apps so I didn’t get pop ups, and I used the automatic install. It was already on Learning so I left it there until I thought it had time to learn my system. I barely got any pop ups. Apparently I took it off Learning too soon, because I started to get pop ups all the time. Someone said I could leave it on learning, which I did for quite a while, and returned to getting only a few pop ups. Now it’s been a while and I took it off Learning again, only this time the additional pop ups are at an acceptable level. Perhaps if you put yours on Learning for a reasonably long period it would help you.

Thank You for the info, and I am trying the learning thing, along with a more reasonable level of security; until, as you say “it learns” LoL
Still not used to that feature, and its workings, as I always set it up manually…
It seems to be working well, for what I want, without the nags…
Thank You Sincerely
Blessings