comodo network firewall is not functioning properly?

Hi

I just installed the latest version of CIS having uninstalled the previous version using Revo…However I am getting the common problem of the programme telling me that comodo network firewall is not functioning properly? I have searched for a recent fix but can’t find one except when I disable Defence+ and all seems OK. If someone could point me to a fix I would be obliged. By the way I ran the diagnostics tool and it tells me there is no problem. I am running Win 7 64 bit.

Cheers Mike

Do you have other security programs installed? Try temporarily disabling them and see if that helps or not.

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

I removed the previous version and all hidden files and registry scripts using Revo Uninstall. I do not have any other security programmes running other than Avast Anti Virus. My current problem was discussed at length in 2008/9 but none of the solutions are relevant (except the disabling of Defense+).

Does anyone have any other ideas?

When you disable or uninstall Avast does that make the problem go away?