Comodo Memory Firewall and CIS

Hello All,

Currently I am using NOD32 in conjunction with Comodo Internet Security Suite Firewall (no anti virus installed) My question is do I need to install CMF separately with my configuration? Have done a search but couldn’t find an answer.

Feel like a proud Papa the way CIS is working…plan to switch over to full CIS when my subscription to NOD32 runs out.

Best Regards,

HK

Hi,

Unless you installed SafeSurf (SS) along with CIS/CF, you may want to add CMF. Without either SS or CMF you have no protection against buffer overflow attacks.

LA

Hello LA,
Thanks for the quick response. I don’t have Safe Surf installed so better install CMF.

Thanks

Bill

OK, no problem :slight_smile:

LA

I wasn’t promted to install SS during CIS ???

Really? I’ve read that someone else also didn’t see SS as an option. Can’t remember if I had the options, it’s been a while since I installed CIS.

LA

I had the option to install SafeSurf with CIS and I checked yes. It is definitely there.

a few days ago i had the same question about CMF after reading the forum.
then i read that SS is just a piece of CMF.
Better stay with the full version is my not-an-expert guess. (about same resources)

running like a charm! :BNC (:CLP) :■■■■

CMF SHOULD BE INTEGRATED TO CIS !, besides the complex code (or, at least, both CMF and CIS should share the same sys-tray icon) :wink: