Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.1.6 RC Bug Reports [Closed]

I had some problems with installing this new version. I uninstalled the previous beta without rebooting and then installed release candidate and rebooted. When the system boot up I got an error message(screenshot bellow). Same error appeared when I tried to uninstall CMF so I had to mess up in Windows’ registry to be able to reinstall CMF once again.

In the CMF alert window there is a sentence:

You can check “Save settings” to save your answer for this application.

shouldn’t it be something like this:

You can check ‘Remember my answer’ in order to save your settings for this application.

or something similar.

As for the new logo and tray icon, I don’t like it. The tray icon is just to small and blurry.
And the logo looks more like north bridge on fire :slight_smile: than memory chip.
I guess I expected someting more creative especially comparing to CFP graphics which is pretty cool.

Anyway, thanks for another great and free product :).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Post bug reports for Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.1.6 RC here.
What to include in bug reports:

1. CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
  2. Operating System and service pack
  3. Other real-time protection running together with CMF 2
  4. What you did for the bug to happen
  5. Please include if there’s any way to resolve it
  6. Post minidump if you experienced a BSoD

Cheers,
Ragwing

I have a P4 HT, My system internet browser is Firefox, OS: XP sp2 32bit
AV: None
Security Apps: Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.14, Comodo Memory Guardian 2.0.1.6 beta
D+/F+ modes Train with safe.

Running WampServer 2.0 [11/21/2007] from http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php
loading Mysql console from the trayicon cause the mysql console to hang on exit until it is added to exclusion list

Regards,
gibran

I have High CPU load issues on Install (driver and Catalist control center)/uninstall (ati software uninstallation utility) ati catalyst drivers (7.11-7.12)

here are two process that repeatedly cause issues/hangs
RegPermWriter.exe on installation
runonce.exe on installation.
atishlx.exe on intall and uninstall

Sometime CFP cmdagent.exe hang too.

Regards,
gibran

Freepops ( http://www.freepops.org/en/ ) comes with a service installer uninstaller placed in Start Programs\Freepops\Service
This executable named freepopsservice.exe hangs when it performs service installation or removal.

This is another console app that hand on exit maybe there are more…

Regards,
gibran

I ran BsodHook tests

I have many issues related to CFP functionalities (gui crashes, fake alerts). Maybe you could test this software too.

For example NtCreatePort kill Lan conection only reboot make it to work again another strange thing that logoff doesn’t show the welcome screen bu the old type logoff dialog.

Regards,
gibran

Under ‘settings’ on the help file one of the bullet points reads:

“If an attack occurs, always send the attack details to COMODO for analysis - Checking this option means that the firewall will automatically send any attack details to COMODO for analysis. Comodo recommends users to leave this option at its default, enabled setting. Leaving this option checked means that all attack files will be submitted immediately to COMODO for analysis.”

However I do not think this feature is available.

Also when you click one of the buttons, it stays selected even when you close the pop-up eg, settings. As all the top tabs open pop-up style windows the buttons should return to normal after being clicked and not selected (if you are unsure what I mean I can post a screenshot).

Keep up the good work guys :).

Jim

You are right Jim, not available on mine either.

John

Final version feature?

1. CPU (32 bit or 64 bit)
    P4 3.0 32bit

2. Operating System and service pack
    XP Media Center Edition SP2

3. Other real-time protection running together with CMF 2
    Comodo Firewall v3.0.14.276
    Comodo Memory Firewall 2.0.1.6 RC
    Java jre1.6.0_03
    .net v2.0.50727

4. What you did for the bug to happen
    When I run java and .net applications ,java.exe and CSC.exe hang CPU50%.

5. Please include if there’s any way to resolve it
    Uninstall Comodo Memory Firewall ,I don`t know other resolutions.

Posted on: December 21, 2007, 05:41:42 AMPosted by: fOrTy_7 I had some problems with installing this new version. I uninstalled the previous beta without rebooting and then installed release candidate and rebooted. When the system boot up I got an error message(screenshot bellow). Same error appeared when I tried to uninstall CMF so I had to mess up in Windows' registry to be able to reinstall CMF once again.

I experienced the same error mentioned by fOrTy_7
when system boot up and during uninstallation of CMF.
I have to manually remove CMF registry entries before reinstallation. ( but this time I would install the 2.0.0.0 version)
I hope comodo can provide a proper uninstaller/registry cleaner for users in the next version. (:AGL)

My security Setup

XP home
Antivir Classic
Comodo Firewall Pro with Defense+ enabled 3.0.14.276
Geswall 2.6 Free

Windows XP Pro SP2 TR 32bit
AMD 2500+
CFP v3.0.14.276 32bit
CMF v2.0.1.6 RC
NOD32 v2.70.39

1. What you did for the bug to happen
    run tee.exe - High CPU load issues

2. Please include if there’s any way to resolve it
    added to exclusion list

[attachment deleted by admin]

I think Geswall and Defense+ can coonflict. They have the same function.

I had some problems with installing this new version. I uninstalled the previous beta without rebooting and then installed release candidate and rebooted. When the system boot up I got an error message(screenshot bellow). Same error appeared when I tried to uninstall CMF so I had to mess up in Windows' registry to be able to reinstall CMF once again.

If you are not going to restart system and then going to install CMF and re-start system, cmfres.dll missing error will be there. The reason is when CMF gets uninstalled, cmfres.dll remains locked and placed to be removed on next system startup.

After uninstallation is complete, user is requested to restart system to complete installation, which is important to do. We don’t advise re-installation of CMF without restarting system in case CMF was uninstalled.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

Tiny bug ;):

When explorer.exe crashed and I ran it again there was no CMF icon in the tray. CFP and some other icons reappeared as supposed to. I know this is more Windows XP bug but some applications use some tricks to workaround this issue.

Third Comodo test is failing under Vista x86 (first two work fine)…

Final version is out.

http://www.memoryfirewall.comodo.com/

/LA