Important: This was idea was BEFORE I registered for the AVIRA Beta Testing. :P0l
About CMI / CMD Tool:
- This is not a replacement for your resident Antivirus/Anti-Malware software.
- No AV definitions required, analysis to be completed in the cloud, and reported back to the user.
- Ideally to be portable, and no background services - a software tool not for protection.
- Not the same as VirusTotal Uploader.
- Submit suspicious / false positives / unknown files to Comodo
- For malware researchers
- Users can select malicious files to be uploaded for submission of (see above).
- Batch uploads for multiple files. Some hash check (i don’t know the exact name, to avoid duplicate uploads).
- File extension limitations (ie. Ignore .docx etc personal privacy reasons etc)
- File upload limitations (depends on Comodo)
- Option to upload using SSL encryption
- Users who want to contribute in some form, without using Comodo software.
- Those malware hunting people.
- The average joe for FP submission (does CIS already do this?)
- Less than 5MB
- Compressed (.zip) package
- No web installer, and no bundled software
Idea partially striped from Avira Cloud Protection Tech.Prev. >:-D
You don’t have to like this idea, just because of my incredibly smart username.
:-TU OR :-TD ?