Comodo make Nvidia drivers update to fail! (IF you turn off it will update)

Nvidia update install will fail untill you don’t turn off antivirus, and don’t kill all remain processes of comodo in task manager.

1 screen with fail (when you try with comodo on)
2 screen after I exit application and kill remain processes (after that upgrade with no problems)

Videocard model GTX960
Windows 10 x64

same happen on 8.1 x64

[attachment deleted by admin]

I just got an NVIDIA graphics card and noticed that too.

I tried the following to no effect:
adding the NIVIDIA installation folder to the shell code exclusions
disabling the AV
disabling the Firewall
disabling Auto Sandbox
disabling HIPS
disabling Viruscope
enabling Game Mode

The logs show nothing out of the ordinary. Something is making it unable to connect to the NVIDIA servers.

We may be looking at a bug. I would like to hear what other people tried and if they managed to fix this.

Within the Bug Reports there is a posting here about Website filtering stops Apple updates being applied to iPhones and iPads. When Website filtering is unchecked the updates work fine ???

It’s worth a try, but is a similar thing happening during the Nvidia update? Sorry, I’ve got all AMD stuff so can’t try myself.

Eric, referencing the other thread on Nvidia drivers/updates, the fix is to exit Comodo (using the tray icon and right click) then run the update. Nvidia will then successfully update. The Viruscope or HIPS module could be the culprit. I never checked which one was affecting the update.

Yes, looks like a bug of Comodo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3j9yg6/unable_to_install_nvidia_35582_drivers/

Definitely something they should address soon.

I don’t have this problem. I have just updated to the latest NVidia 358.91 (and previously to a couple of earlier versions).

Win 8.1 x64
GTX 670MX
CFW 8.2.0.4703 with Firewall & HIPS in Safe Mode, Viruscope enabled, Auto Sandbox disabled.

Maybe CAV or the sandbox (which I don’t use) cause this problem??

I can also say I haven’t experienced this issue.

Windows 10 build 10240 64bit
GTX 780
Using Comodo Firewall, perhaps it’s related to specifically CAV (which is in CIS but not CFW) as MartiusD suggests.

Thanks John. I tried with Windows 10 Th2 x64 and CIS 8.2 but GeForceExperience still couldn’t reach the update servers. What version of CIS or CFW are you using on what Windows version?

CIS v8.2.0.4703, full install, all additional modules included.
Windows 10 x64, tested with the Insider Fast Ring release prior to TH2.

I never use GeForceExperience to update video drivers. I manually download the driver from NVidia and then run it (it is a self-installing .exe).

Maybe that is why it works for me?

I used geforceexperience just the other day to update both experience and drivers and it worked just fine for me.

Windows 10 threshold 2: I had to stop all CIS protections in order to update succesfully nvidia drivers to 359.00 version.

Disabling “Security Settings->Defense±>Sandbox->Enable file source tracking” seems like helped me.

I also disabled file source tracking after upgrading to CIS 8.2 which may be why it works for me.

Update about fix? I actually uninstalled CIS because of this problem…

I’m having the same issue for at least a year now, HIPS/Auto-sandbox disabled, nothing helps… only way to upgrade the driver is by fully removing it first with DisplayDriverUninstaller in safe mode, OR uninstalling Comodo…

Windows 7 Pro x64 with Asus 660 GTX.

That works for me, too. Although I tried to just disable the Auto Sanbox altogether, that little checkbox made all the difference.
Took me a while to identify Comodo as the culprit, and I’ve been doing the DDU complete removal method to get it done each time.
Good it was such an easy fix, although it shouldn’t even happen in the first place.

Same problem. Need fix! ???

Kind of sad see this annoyance still persist after half a year. Not necessary a new issue.
Disable file source tracking is working for me and can still replicate under windows 7 x64 with nvidia 368.69 for gtx 660 ti.

Nvidia customer support recommend disabling AVs and other monitoring software before installation.
Guide on how to install the NVIDIA Display Driver under Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10-Customer Support

[b]If you have an anti-virus program or other system monitoring utility running in the background, please disable these temporarily as they may interfere with the installation of your display driver. [/b]