We are happy to announce that COMODO livePCsupport™ 4.0 BETA is now here.
What is COMODO livePCsupport™?
LPS (the internal name), is intended to be the best remote management platform. It allows a support technician or a system administrator to remotely manage one or more PCs using remote intervention tools such:
- Remote desktop access – VNC based remote desktop protocol using one of the best encoders: VNC Tight Encoder - Comparison Results
- Remote application execution through command prompt
- Remote application installer
- Many others are coming soon!!!
For the passionate programmers and system administrators, you have the possibility to develop your own intervention tools, using Qt SDK. Those tools are supported by the livePCsupport™ platform and you can use them instantly.
Why do you need such product?
- You are a small or medium organization with a need for remote management platform, in order to provide technical support to your clients or internal computer network.
- You are the “computer guy” who wants to assist friends and family with technical issues without having to move from the comfort of your home.
Why using Qt SDK to develop my own intervention tools?
livePCsupport™ is intended to be used on multiple platforms. In order to facilitate this and any custom needs, we based our approach on Qt Framework: http://qt.nokia.com/.
How does it work?
The client can download a small application and launch it in order to get support from COMODO by clicking the “Connect to a support technician” button.
The technician will use our intuitive interface to approach the customer and solve any issues, using remote desktop and the vast array of tools provided by LPS. This is so easy…
How do I get it?
- Just signup on livePCsupport Administration Console, available at: http://wac.livepcsupport.com/lps-wac/
- Download and install Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86), available at: http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1/1/1116b75a-9ec3-481a-a3c8-1777b5381140/vcredist_x86.exe
- Download and install the livePCsupport Client, available at Deliverables section in the livePCsupport Administration Console.
- Download and install the livePCsupport Technician Console, available at Deliverables section in the livePCsupport Administration Console.
- Do not rename the client and the technician setups, it contains registration information.
- The web administration console is not completed yet, we just want to provide you the client application and the technician console so you can test them.
- At this stage, only the setups for Microsoft Windows are available. The builds for Macintosh, Linux and Android are coming soon!
As you may know, this is a BETA product, please read the BETA license agreement before installing it. We strongly recommend reviewing this product on a separate environment. Any feedback would be really appreciated. We can work together to bring it to the release stage!
[attachment deleted by admin]