Comodo killing .NET stuff

I got Comodo just recently after getting my PC up again from maybe its 14th fatal erro.
And i got a problem, apperently Comodo is killing all my .NET assosiated stuff like:
*Paint.Net(optimizer from install, and saving in plugins)
*Timeslips Oblivion Mod Manager(Activating files)
I also get a lag wave when playing for War3: TFT for no reason, runned perfectly before.
It have also gotten errors on someting regarding “C#” running or someting.

Is there a fix for this soon, or will i have to kill Comodo while running?

For games, read this thread

for .net : Open CFP 3, go to Defense+ → Advanced → Computer Security Policy and look for items that are blocked or isolated, try to find programs related to .net and then allowing them.

Xan

Tryed to “safelist” my .net applications, does not even help. I set them to “trusted application”, since the costum setting menu was so freaking messy >.<
It ends with that i have to kill it from Taskmanager.

HELP!

Have you tried deleting all rules and then putting D+ in safemode ?

Xan

Dont add your programs to the safe list. Add them to D+\Advanced\Computer Security Policy. This is where all your programs are listed under D+. I dont eve use My Safe files cause I have D+ in safe mode.

I don’t know if it belongs here but the .NET installers have serious problems with Comodo Memory Firewall and need to be on the CMF exclusion list. So when there are new compilations, they may get blocked, too.

Bah, i downgraded from 3.x to 2.x and it worked… somebody add a global annoucement when Comodo is safe again please :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if it belongs here but the .NET installers have serious problems with Comodo Memory Firewall and need to be on the CMF exclusion list. So when there are new compilations, they may get blocked, too.

You could also try that:

Can you possibly try to run "ngen.exe ExecuteQueuedItems" followed by "ngen.exe Update" from %WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\? That will attempt to compile all assemblies that don't yet have any/up-to-date 32-bit NGen images synchronously without going through the optimization service.
from http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/f56cc6e4-c2bf-490c-b87b-3e22b1e6b935/

Comodo 3.0 works fine. I use it on both my pc’s and 5 of my families pc’s. Sorry you are frustrated but did you try what I suggested? Understand that Comodo 3.0 is more then a firewall.

True, the problem was CMF (safesurf).

Xan

How can safesurf be the problem if i do not select the option to install it? hmmm :stuck_out_tongue:

However, i agree that the firewall is more than a firewall. And yeah, you say you play tons of games. That does not include certain types of software. Like the uber PDN, and some very nifty utilities for games.
If you have no problems, that is simply because you might not use the conflict software. It can be that easy.
I think 3.0 needs a serius bugfix, not being able to run one of the OS main program types is a serius issue.

Allowing? I think the allowing system needs to be changed, if a program blocks my main software i downgrade or swap software. You will be surprised over how many that follows this philosofy.
Besides, there was not an error in 2.x, so how is it that 3.x is with a major error? I do certainly not think this is Microsoft :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: try to play Oblivion without a mod manager, a living hell :-\

If there was a serious bug, more people than only one (you :)) would have reported it already.

So you don’t have savesurf nor Comodo Memory Firewall ? Do you have any other security products running?

Xan

I got the awser to that: It is not that many programs that use this exact application that Comodo screws over. And add on the fact you will need to register an account on a forum, i really was asking myself if i was going to bother to do that.
Most Oblivon players will get :frowning: Unless they are just using ESP mods only.
Paint.Net users who does use advanced features such as saving 3D models for later use will proberly not encounter this either.
Add on that Paint.Net allmost refuses to complete the “optimize” process that runs everytime you update it or install it.

I consider this fatal problems, but you will need to search most applications to find it.

PS: Only used Comodo Firewall 3.x… Who needs 3 tons of AV’s? So long you are carefull enogh viruses will NEVER bother. That is why firewalls exist :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: Only used Comodo Firewall 3.x.......... Who needs 3 tons of AV's? So long you are carefull enogh viruses will NEVER bother. That is why firewalls exist
Only since Comodo is there (V)

Funny part is that I’m running vista with paint.net and CFP and I have no problems. Don’t have oblivion so I can’t tell anything over that.

Do the Defense+ logs say anything?

Xan

Are you using the Shape3D plugin? Because it works normaly.
However try to save the 3D file the plugin creates! This is where it crashed.

*Link to topic

Just incase you do not know what it is: There is some boxes at the bottom of the page, and one of them is named “XLM”, click it and select save. This will save the image you attempted to render into 3D shape.
Why to do this? Because with this i won’t have to redo everything everytime i want to do a spesific 3d image.
Lets say you make a planet, then you can save it and load it for use later. Etc.
i would say 50% of the plugin is about the save’n load feature.

Looks interesting, I will take a look at it later.

Back to your problem, do you’re defense+ logs say something ? Are there any programs blocked in your rules ? Does it work when you disable CFP ?

Xan