Comodo & KAV (new) very slow---net, as well as just normal windows & FX loading

I’ve been using Comodo with Mcafee for about the last year with no problems, except the usual when you first move up to a real sw fw (used ZA free before). I’ve had no problems with Mcafee except for the constant 'net attempts to their servers by at least subprograms, which I’ve had blocked with CFW 2.4. Then a couple of months ago, I started getting strange connection attempts with strange programs trying to load in FX. I decided to try KAV (since I got it for Christmas, probably because I was bit^%ing so much about Mcafee trying to connect to it’s servers not just every couple of hours, but every surfing moment), and the good news is that the constant connection attempts through FX have stopped. The bad news is that while using much less memory than Mcafee, KAV (even with mail AV, and web av turned off), has really slowed down my 'net connections, just normal windows pages loading when not on the net, and FX loads about 2 or 3 secs slower than usual when I just open the browser. Even the Keyboard is slower. Mcafee scans turned up nothing, KAV initial virus and rootkit scans turned up nothing, and updated Boclean hasn’t alerted me to anything, and the usual manual scans SAS, Spybot S&D, Adaware SE, RK revealer, HijackThis, Silent Runners, etc, etc, don’t show anything unusual. I just wondered if anyone else running CFW 2.4/KAV experience an initial slowdown? i’m not using another SW-FW, as I like Comodo 2.4. I’ll just switch either back to Mcafee, or move on to another AV if I can’t get this “latency” problem worked out. BTW are Boclean and KAV compatible? Also this started after I loaded KAV. Can someone tell me what this means (2.4 log)? thx[b][i]Severity :High
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description: Blocked by Protocol Analysis (Bad IP Checksum)
Direction: 偉传瑵潧湩g偉䤠据浯湩g%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
Source: My computer – 255.255
Destination: 255.255.255.255
Protocol : No = 139
Reason: The packet has an invalid IP checksum value

Date/Time :2008-01-10 01:22:35
Severity :High
Reporter :Network Monitor
Description: Blocked by Protocol Analysis (Bad IP Checksum)
Direction: 偉传瑵潧湩g偉䤠据浯湩g%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
Source: 0.0.0.0
Destination: 255.255.255.255
Protocol : No = 139
Reason: The packet has an invalid IP checksum value[/b][/i]