Comodo is turning internet browsing much slower (Dll injection problem)

No. Until the issue is fixed I think we’re all going crazy ;D

Ok this is where we’re on the same boat to somewhere. The alert has not returned since that one time, not just because CM is in Learn mode right now, but because they’re on the CM list. I think the only way for that alert to return is to remove them from the Component Monitor list - again with that mystery zone in that how does this tie in the cpu usage unless CFP is constantly check everytime a new website is being browsed. So you think that while in Learn mode everything in the list is enabled by default that there’s no customized checking? I do remember that the alert wasn’t just about codecs but legitimate Window components - there were about 10-15 of them at the same time (this was during the MDI cpu hog issue).

PS: The same symptoms apply to IE6 as well as Opera.

Yeah, in Learn mode, (per my understanding) everything’s allowed by default ~ no checking (component monitor only; does not apply globally).

Windows is a tricky beast, IMO. I’ll give a scenario. Yesterday afternoon I installed Wireshark to see how it works. There was a glitch with the install process, and it bombed out at the end. I finally had to uninstall in Safe Mode, and I haven’t reinstalled yet. Today, I’m getting tons of popups about components, primarily for Windows stuff. Now CM is On and has been for some time. I’ve tracked the files down, and they were already on my computer, and are legitimate. My thought is that WS’s installation interacted with these; once removed, they reverted to the previous state, so I get a bunch of alerts. I noticed the same thing last week when I installed MS Messenger Live to do some testing for another user; after uninstalling, I had a lot of CM alerts. And for seemingly unrelated stuff… why would FF need an MS vector graphics dll? But it checks out legit.

I still haven’t noticed any significant slowdown, other than delays related to the popup and my tracking stuff down…

LM

And this is after re-formatting your computer with a fresh start? I’ve seen you post that somewhere in this forum.

(PS: I just booted my PC, changed CM to On mode, browsed some sites, and noticed cmdagent.exe % wasn’t that high. Its peak was 38-41%. Still, it should ideally be 0-3%)

After. Before. Either way.

I’ve unfortunately had to reformat at both work and home due to non-related issues. I’d actually hoped that a side effect might be some clearing up of little “glitchy” things with CFP & CAVS, but it had no effect.

LM

I’ve been having the same problem with certain websites. For me, disabling avast helped, but this wasn’t an issue with previous versions of CFP.

OK on the good side i re enabled protocol analysis yesterday (with skip advanced checks) and it seems to be running good now with emule, about 78% good session which is good stat, before it was about 20% maybe the new update solved it. on the other hand DLL injection still causes big spikes and slow downs, i disabled my AV completely but it didn’t help.

I’ll try this tonight.

Yesterday I noticed an aparently (spontaneous) improvement in this problem, my internet browsing was ok even with DLL injection enabled. I leaved my computer running all night with utorrent and emule and seems (I’m saying seems) the problem has ceased. Maybe comodo has “learned” my system.
I tested only 2 websites and the load time was ok. Today I’ll check again… to see if was pure luck or anything has changed.