Comodo is quickly becoming unusable.

This is about the large amount of space CIS takes up on my SSD and the secret VTroot area.

I installed Firefox and couldn’t find any trace of it.

I figured there was an issue with Windows so I made sure I had all the updates and reinstalled Firefox.

Still, nothing. Rebooted, checked permissions etc. Nothing.

So I went to my windows admin user account and installed it there.

Again no sign of the install. Comodo, without any warning whatsoever sandboxed the entire install and hid the files in VTroot.

The idea that Comdo would just decide to “secretly” sandbox something that I am trying to install, is absurd.

It’s not a benefit, it’s a nuisance, a waste of time–Firefox is just a browser BTW.

I didn’t want to use Comdo because I use an SSD drive and Comdo doesn’t let you chose where to store the gigabytes of data it “requires”.

Being safe is a top concern, but I need to be able to get work done on my PC, otherwise I could use the safest method of all, I could just leave my PC turned off!

I would NEVER buy Comdo, it’s just too expensive, time-wise. I’m now using a paid version of a program that doesn’t do things behind my back and make my job harder.

On the contrary, auto-sandbox is the most useful feature of CIS. In this case the application being sandboxed was safe but did you not get a popup about whether to run the Firefox install inside or outside the sandbox? You should have and could have chosen to run the install outside the sandbox (i.e. on the real machine).

I didn't want to use Comdo because I use an SSD drive and Comdo doesn't let you chose where to store the [b]gigabytes[/b] of data it "requires".

This is a known issue and it’s on the wishlist. You can reset the sandbox on a regular basis to reduce the volume of data stored in VTROOT.

Being safe is a top concern, but I need to be able to get work done on my PC, otherwise I could use the safest method of all, I could just leave my PC turned off!

There is always a trade-off between good security and ease of operation. Like any decent security product there is a learning stage where YOU have to tell CIS whether programs being installed and used are allowed the access they ask for. At the end of the day YOU are the only arbiter of what is safe and what is not.

I would NEVER buy Comdo, it's just too expensive, time-wise. I'm now using a paid version of a program that doesn't do things behind my back and make my job harder.

You don’t have to buy CIS, it’s free. If the paid-for program “makes your life easier” then you are in fact in a less secure environment. If your paid-for security product is making security choices and decisions for you how do you know they are the right ones for you? You simply cannot have an easy life and good security.