Comodo IS firewall system try icon

The problem with uninstalling CIS probably comes from the startup entry in the registry not being able to be deleted because it’s no longer under Windows’ control. The uninstallation appears to halt at that point and not complete. It happened to me the last time I uninstalled CIS while Startdelay still had control.

Hi Dch48,

Thanks for the post, however I dont quite understand, your point.

I have yet to start using ‘start delayer’ (as I believe its called) as mentioned in my prior post, however you are saying that ‘the startup entry in the registry not being able to be deleted because it’s no longer under Windows’ control’.

If I am not (yet) using start delayer, why wouldnt it be under windows control?

regards

Lethal

I meant it can’t be deleted if it is being controlled by the Startdelay utility. If Startdelay is not installed, there should be no problems. I once uninstalled CIS without removing it from Startdelay’s control and had the problem I cited. The process halted and I had to use the removal tool to finish up. Sorry if I confused you.

That’s fine Dch48, thats what i hoped you meant.

My situation is that I cannot uninstall (either via add/remove programs, or via the all programs/cis fw-add/remove components), even using the removal tool.
Nor can I close/remove cmdagent in task manager processes (even after exiting cis following of course reactivation of the program to get it into the taskbar).

It must be corrupt or ???.

I hope to get some clarification from other (ragwing etc).

cheers

Lethal

Okay, forget about about the startdelay program then since you are having other problems. If you can get CIS uninstalled and then reinstalled to a working state and then are only having problems with the CIS icon and other icons not appearing in the system tray at startup, that’s the time to try Startdelay.