COMODO is blocking some modern apps on W8.1

Aplications that need send and receive information are blocked by COMODO, for example, Asfalt 8 and Age Of Empires.

First i tryed to make a lot of chances on COMODO configuration, like group rules or in modern apps session with no results.

The only way to fix that is close or uninstaling COMODO.

Please, fix it!

COMODO is blocking too much!

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
A clear install to COMODO Internet Security on My W8.1 Update 1 single language block some of modern apps.
If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
1: -
2: -
3: -
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
No.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
No.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
the only way to solve that is Unistall COMODO. I tried to give WEB acess to modern apps inside COMODO, with no results.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Defalt configuration and the version since this post. I don’t remember now, sorry, but i made an update the same day when i post it, while searching on the web how to fix it, and i find a comunity of one modern app (age of empires) and the guy had comodo too, so, i decide unistall to test and wokr.
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
Only firewall on security level. I never use autosandbox, AV, etc, necer, only firewall for years.
Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
No.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
No, because this is a new computer.
if so, have U tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
?
Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No, very fresh installation.
if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
?
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 8.1 Single Language, 64 bits, UAC is online on second security level, first one ir more paranoic (i hope you understand, cause i don’t know the exatcly name in english.), No V.Machine was used.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=No. b=Computer came with 1 year of Norton, but i never had installed it or if came together by default, is not here since the first day when i receive the computer.

[center][u]

A way to solve your issue is to reboot and allow the program in firewall rules or could be the sandbox, if its nothing of this do a bug report

Thank you for reporting this. gald, please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. This will allow myself, and the devs, to better understand this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again.

PM reminder sent.

Your bug report is similar to mine. Try this workaround provided below :

Download Process Explorer and run it with administrator privileges.
Then open the Xbox game.
Then use Process Explorer to kill cavwp.exe and cmdagent.exe.
The game will then be able to connect.
After that cavwp and cmdagent will automatically restart.

or replace a file with the file herbzhang has posted on page 3 :
https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/when-cis-is-installed-xbox-games-cannot-login-to-accounts-m928-t102695.30.html

That should work for Age Of Empires as it is an XBOX Game, for asphalt 8 i don’t know.

Praetorian, thank you for pointing this out. gald, does this appear to be the same issue as what you are experiencing?

Nice workaround, Praetorian! ;D

I have to restart my PC many times, so i will wait for bugfix to back to COMODO.

Chiron, yes, it’s the same problem. I also found more people having the same problem on some foruns of Age Of Empires, Facebook groups and also WhatsApp groups. This people have COMODO, but they don’t have ideia that is a bug with COMODO, but with Microsoft Apps. (muahahha >:-D)

Thank you for checking this. In that case I will move this to Resolved, as a separate bug report has already been submitted for this issue.

Thanks again.