COMODO Internet Security window issues

Hello.
I’d like to ask about two problems I currently have with CIS. They’re not of critical importance, or security issues, but are quite frustrating nonetheless (both happen on W7 x64):

1. My machine has two monitors connected to video card and when I’m not working I only use my primary display. The other one is turned off. The problem is that CIS window, invoked from the tray menu icon, opens always on the secondary display. Same with AV update progress window. Is there any way to fix it?

2. My friend has CIS installed on his laptop and every time he boots his machine and logs in, CIS window pops up automatically. This doesn’t happen on my system. I think I’ve searched through all of his CIS options, but I didn’t found any solution to this as well. Any thoughts on how to approach this problem?

1. You can disable the balloon messages under More → Preferences → General.

You will however still be bugged by the icon of the program updater showing up in the systray once a day. It is a long standing wish to be able to disable that; especially by gamers.

1. You can change this in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
    Make sure that the Comodo Internet Security key reads exactly like this: “N:\Program Files\Internet\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe” -h. In short you need to add " -h" to the existing key (Notice the space before -h).

EricJH, thank you for your reply.

1. It is not baloon messages that are the problem. I have automatic updates turned off and update AV definitions and CIS manually when CIS tells me to. So I’m not being bugged by any balloons. :slight_smile:

It’s the COMODO Internet Security main program window that pops up in the wrong place of the dual monitor desktop when opened via double-clicking the tray icon.
To picture it better, please take a look at the following screenshot:

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5905/comodoproblem.th.jpg

After the CIS window is moved to primary display desktop area, it remembers its position for the current Windows session. It resets after the computer is rebooted though.

1. Thanks, I’ll try this ASAP. :-TU

I am not familiar with working with two screens but it looks like it may be a bug to me. Please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

On the other hand. Comodo is working ■■■■■■■ CIS v6 of which we will see a beta in August. You could also consider waiting for the beta before filing a bug report when the problem persists ther.

This bug is minor, so I think I’ll wait for a new CIS version to see if it’s gone. It’s great to hear about CIS6 release date.
If the bug will still be present, I’ll report it in the appropriate section.

Thanks again.

In August will be the release of the beta of v6. Not the release of the final versions. The final will take several months before it is ready.