Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6802 – Released

I did a manual update to this version and ran into trouble.

HIPS puts applications that are running on the list of blocked ones thanks to HIPS. Even if I declare them to be safe and trustworthy, after a few seconds the are listed as blocked ones once again.

Windows 10 64bit, Version 1903 (Build 18356.16)

Can you show a screenshot of the HIPS logs showing what files are getting blocked?

Sometimes when uninstalling a security program it may leave behind a driver or service. This driver or service may cause unexpected interactions with CIS.

Could you please run clean up tools of security programs you had installed in the past to make all traces of them are removed? A list of such clean up tools can be found here: [KB146] Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software .

Experienced users could use Autoruns and look for left over drivers or services.

Here they are…

I tell CIS that those are safe and shouldn’t be blocked, but after some time (sometimes just a few seconds) they appear on that list again…

What you showed is not the HIPS event logs, the logs will show why they are being blocked by indicating the actions that are blocked by HIPS.

In the meantime I was contacted via pn and sent the logs.

Could you still post a screenshot of the HIPS Event Logs here? It will allow us to understand what is happening and comment when we think it is needed. It will also help other users to understand.

I have reinstalled CIS (with the firewall) and it’s all OK. :smiley: :-TU :wink:
I did the speed tests and the speed is optimal.
Probably the site I used for speedtest was not good. :wink:
Do you suggest someone reliable?
I’m using this: Speedtest IlSoftware.it

Thank you! :smiley:

I ran it from the Netherlands and it did a correct measure.

When using speedtest services make sure to use a server nearby (low ping time). Sometimes providers provide a speedtest page. They often used a third party tool like f.e. from Ookla. But the best measurement is downloading a sizeable bin file of 100 Mb or 1Gb. And last but not least do not use your wifi connection when testing but a wire.

I reinstalled CIS and the problem is gone. With the update of CIS a problem appeared with Acrobat Reader but it seems to be not related to CIS. A re-installation of Acrobat Reader solved that problem, too.

Thank you for reporting back. Let us know if the problem would surface again.

CIS (and also CAV) protect against malicious website scripts?
Also CIS (and also CAV) also protects against cryptominer?

Thank you!

Unfortunately, again this morning the firewall slowed down my download and upload speed.
So I uninstalled CIS and switched to CAV.
It will mean that for now I rely on the Windows 10 firewall. ???

NDABBRU, are you using a wireless or wired connection to your modem/router?

Since what version of CIS is this happening? Did you look for left overs from previously installed programs as described in this post? What AV are you running alongside Comodo Firewall?

I use a WiFi connection that does not give me any problems with the Windows firewall.

The CIS version is the latter that I am using: 11.0.0.6802

Yes I searched for the remains of previously installed AV programs but found nothing use only the integrated CIS antivirus.

Yesterday it worked this morning again a strong slowdown.

With which version of CIS started the problems with your wifi connection? This version or was it also happening with previous version(s) of CIS? Are the wifi drivers up to date? What chip is used in the wifi adapter?

It started with this version of CIS. I have an external antenna ANEWCODI model ac1200:
https://www.anewkodi.com/products/anewkodi-1200mbps-3-0-usb-wifi-adapter-for-windows-and-os

Using the Windows 10 drivers, when I bought it a few months ago, before installing CIS, it immediately worked well with the Windows 10 drivers and still works fine without the CIS firewall. With the Windows 10 firewall no problem, the connection is always working at mx speed and is always stable.

Could you try the latest driver for the Realtek RTL8812BU? You can get it from RTL8812BU Software - REALTEK .

What is going to improve?

However, with CIS and CAV the protection against malicious websites is not effective in my opinion … Phishing is almost never identified … especially with CAV. Even COS in the latest versions in my opinion has worsened. Kaspersky Free on web protection is unparalleled … Now I returned to Kaspersky Free just because with CAV I had to use third-party extensions for Chrome to have adequate web protection.

I am trying to figure out the problem you are having. Your findings are worth a bug report. So I want to know if updating the driver makes a difference.