Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6644 - BETA

The only thing that keeps being put into the unknown files list is Shredder.exe I looked it up and it was put into the safe files list twice, other than that no other files are being classified as unknown so far.

Hi,

I booted my machine up this morning and I have over 3000 unrecognized files, no change since yesterday as his error randomly happens.

Thanks

Are you using this beta? Using this version significantly cut down on that, now I have like 1 item in it.

Hi,

I have been using this beta since it’s release.

I used the comodo clean up tool v2.0.0.3 to remove what I had before so I can do a clean install of this beta as this error happened with the previous release.

This still happens with this version as well and I also get after the machine is in use popup notifications telling me that comodo anti-virus and windows defender and firewall are switched off when I have all of this switched on and active.

I get different quantities of unrecognized files if I switch off and on again.
I am using Windows 10 Pro x64

Thanks

its a known bug by users but dont know devolopers know it also it doesnt effect system security

The developers are aware of it.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming.

On installation of another AV/Firewall software it is supposed to shut down and take priority over what is built in windows by default so in case the comodo software has failed somewhere I have made sure that windows defender is switched off but the popups still persist and if I turn defender back on the popups still persist.

I always get the first popup error on machine start up it appears it might be trying to check started services before they have started hence a turned off error.

The errors appear regardless defender is started or not as it should not be running as it may conflict with the comodo software so what if the error is a standard error when actually something else is causing it.

No complaints though that is what beta is for and us to use and observe.

Thanks

Hi Tattubato,

Thanks for taking time to provide feedback.

We are working on the fix for integration issue and unrecognise of files issue, fix will be available soon. Thanks for understanding.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, are you able to share info why this is happening as to get a better understanding.

Thanks

Does Scan Exclusions play a role in CFW (CIS w/o AV)?

Regards

Tattubato. As a workaround you can disable the error messages about the AV in action center. That way you won’t see them anymore.

Still getting safe files that are labeled untrusted, but a lot less like now 40 or 120. No more in the thousands.

Observation about the problem with cmdagent.exe maxing out a processor core. Usually it happens after multiple hours for no apparent reason as I have observed and reported before. It seems it may also get triggered when my router crashes. It is a distinct impression but doesn’t meet the requirement of reproduction. May be it is of help for the devs to help trigger the bug.

Hi EricJH,

I could turn them off but it’s a kinda cheating a fix at source is better than a workaround.

I am happy to wait and explore more.

Thanks

No problem. I mentioned it just in case. It is something I would do.

Hi,

It is the fact I saw it regular that I started to explore and try to find out more about it.

If it was happening not very often at all then I would probably ignore it.

If it was already turned off then I would not know.

Thanks

That’s true. But since you are a serious beta tester you would of course turn it back on when a new build would be released to test it. 8)

Correct,

I like it when things do not work then the fun starts, things get boring when it is just operation.

Thanks

That’s the spirit or a true beta tester. 8)

I found sometimes i connected to a new network, COMODO won’t popup alerts to set network zone, aftering a reboot the function would work normally.