Comodo Internet Security v11.0.0.6580 - BETA2

I guess we have to wait for beta 3 for CIS to be RS5 compliant?

Can’t commit at this moment, if not in this month release, then it will be in Jun-2018 release.

Thanks umesh. :slight_smile:

I installed CFW build 6580 on Windows 10 x64 1803, with Core isolation enabled.
At the end of the installation, I got several Windows notifications about various Comodo components that are not compatible with memory protection. After installation, there was no internet connection anymore.

So this was to be expected?
I saw that the changelog for v11 says “You should find drivers HVCI compliant”, so I thought that meant it is compatible with Device security/Core isolation. Apparently, that is not so.

Shmu, please don’t bump within 24 hrs. This is an international forum where people connect from various timezones.

What components are mentioned by the alerts? That information helps to identify the problem. You’re on a beta testing program so please be forthcoming and proactive in providing relevant information.

My apologies. I was just trying to clarify my point.

I reimaged my system, so I can’t dig into Windows event viewer to grab those error events. It flashed by pretty fast on the screen, I was not able to screenshot them fast enough. In any case, it’s pretty easy to reproduce, if anyone is interested. All you have to do is enable core isolation, and install comodo 11.

I tried starting Core Isolation on Insider 17666 and after 10s Windows reported it could not be started due to an incompatibility and it switched Core Isolation off. It wasn’t logged in Event Viewer.

Yeah, there are systems that core isolation cannot be activated on.
You need supported hardware, and besides that, some programs have drivers that conflict.
It is more likely to work on a desktop than on a laptop, and it is more likely to work if you don’t have a graphics card.
I have a desktop with no graphics card, and I still could not enable core isolation, until I completely uninstalled Zemana. :slight_smile:

I wonder if CIS is installed first then after the required reboot try enabling core isolation, it will be compatible.

I wondered about that too but I have installed this build May 17 so a possibly mandatory reboot has already been done.

When enabling Core Isolation Windows does not ask to reboot the system so a reboot is not required with regard to Windows.

Lets us look into it.

For the record: I am still on Insider 17666.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work.
After enabling core isolation, it breaks internet connection, and Comodo says “at risk”. logs attached

Can you check the properties of your network adapter and see if Comodo Internet Security Firewall Driver is enabled or disabled. It sounds like it may have been disabled.

Hi,
Considering Comodo was not HVCI compliant till this Beta version, Microsoft still considers Comodo not compatible for this feature,which is disabled by default in RS4 and thus you see all warnings.

We are in touch with Microsoft and hopefully this will be resolved from next Comodo version onwards after they have reviewed this compatible version.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks, @umesh

Hi All,
Please have a look at newly released tool, Comodo Hijack Cleaner:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-chc/comodo-hijack-cleaner-v023-beta-t122141.0.html

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks
-umesh

Here is the promised upgrade path on Win 10 Insider while also updating two versions of CIS.

I started on Insider build 17666 with 6526 installed with default settings (I only changed the AV to let me decide). I first upgraded CIS from 6526 to 6580 using the program updater. That went well and then I updated Win 10 from 17666 to 17672.

The security center reported it would disregard the Comodo AV. I added DisableAvCheck (DWORD) = 1 to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Feature and rebooted. Comodo AV now was accepted. See first attached image.

The registration of the firewall is not consistent. It will show as in the second attached image. After I reset the Security Center and reboot Windows it will show completely integrated (see third attached image). Later in the Windows session it showed again as in the second image. I rebooted Windows twice and twice the Security Center registration shows as incomplete (as in the second image).

Memory Integrity of Core Isolation cannot be started. I get a message from Windows there may be a compatibility problem. See fourth attached image.

@Shmu26,
When reporting Windows versions, version number is meaningless. You must include the build number for your report to have meaning.