Comodo Internet Security v10.1.0.6474 - RC

Mine was:

1 - Clean install of offline CIS 10.1.0.6474 RC
2 - Downloaded and installed KB4056892
3 - Installation of both w/o any problems

Second day now through multiple reboots and CIS Config changes, with no issues at all

Comodo Internet Security v10.1.0.6474 - RC
W10 1709 (Build 16299.192)

I had a similar problem, but this was 2 days before the latest RC and Patch. It appeared to have been due to KB4058043 which was supposedly to fix Windows Store problems

I lost the Start Menu, ability to use left or Right click on Start and the Taskbar also vanished. That KB now doesn’t show when an update is performed

Hi megaherz33,
Can you please uninstall CIS and then apply patch and check behavior?

Just want to see if patch itself is a problem or combination.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi Dustyn,
We have investigated reported BSOD and the problem happened even without CIS.

We have also completed tests on Win 7/8.1 on both 32 and 64-bit OS and have found no incompatibilities.
So you could go ahead and try.

Thanks
-umesh

Thank you, we are checking.

We will be releasing this version on comodo.com for new users, allowing us to get more feedback over weekend and will make a decision on Monday about releasing updates.

thanks for the feedback
-umesh

Clean install on Win 7 Home Premium SP1 with all current MS updates - Installed and running w/o any issues

Same on Win 7 Pro with all current MS updates - Installed and running w/o any issues

Thank you Ploget,
Much appreciated.

Additional feedback is a great help for QA team :-TU

Old W10 that remembers the beta days here, updated up to the newest stable OS build 16299.192, cleaned with official Comodo uninstaller, installed full CIS 6474, set to Proactive mode - everything working fine. :-TU

If I install the patch on Win7 with CIS 7.0, what should I “look for” to determine if the patch is compatible? In other words, what anomalies would I see if there are problems?

None that we are aware of.
If you see any abnormal behavior in system after applying patch, you can report.

Thank you! One other question, if I don’t install the patch, what behavior might I experience when getting the update from MS, if there’s an incompatibility with their update?

It seems MS has released the Win7 fix: KB4056894 ahead of schedule on their Catalogue . . . January 4, 2018—KB4056894 (Monthly Rollup) - Microsoft Support

Installed and everything running smoothly on the Win7 64 Home Premium. I’ll do the Win7 Pro one later!

Did you install the CIS registry patch?

Installed the 6474 RC which creates the Registry entry - then downloaded / installed the MS fix . . . everything went well

If you don’t have the Registry entry, the MS fix just won’t install. It checks for the entry first

Thanks. I’ll install the CIS registry key so I can get the update. I plan on sticking with CIS 7.0 for a while. I’ll post back if I run into problems.

Installed on Win7 x64 Enterprise SP 1 and all patches with error.
Pls. see attachment.
Went back to v6294.

Regards

Thanks, we will check.

Hi Guys,
This version is released as production version:

Setups are updated on comodo.com and we are likely to release updates on 8th Jan, 2018.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Thanks
-umesh

Locking this topic. Please continue the conversation in the release topic. When needed use the quote function to continue in the other topic.