Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6294 (Hotfix) Released

Any error snapshot please?

The “about” of CIS says “10.0.1.6294”, i.e., this should be the latest version. Nevertheless, I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.
Then I check for updates and I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.
Then I check for updates and I get a notification that there are updates. They will be downloaded and installed. Restart windows.

You get the idea.

Something’s wrong here. ISE installer runs every time, btw. Maybe this has to do with the fact that I do not have ISE installed.

–j.

ISE installer is supposed to run only when there are program updates for CIS.

May you please share “View Logs” window as suggested here?

There is only COMODO Internet Security Premium in Add\Remove programs panel. I think this issue might be related to my recent hardware upgrades (new CPU and Motherboard), I was very lazy so I did not reinstall windows (new hard drive is next on the list of upgrades to get, so I was planing to reinstall properly then), I expect driver situation is quite a mess.

Thanks, team will check.

Updated today and problems

Updated to CIS ver 10.0.1.6294
Win 7 SP1 fully updated

First no virtualbox VMs would load, updated virtualbox and all good
Firefox doesn’t load, taskviewer shows it loading but then stops running - reinstalled firefox and smae happens
Chrome doesn’t load just like firefox
Windows update no longer can check for updates (last update was a few days ago, so it was working

Cannot uninstall comodo CIS. The uninstaller just keeps “collecting information” for hours.

Did a clean CIS re-install yesterday, looks like my previous annoyance with the System warning message is gone. All working fine, thanks.

What I still find strange though, is for example that explorer.exe get’s blocked immidiately: https://i.imgur.com/5vcCrPP.png
Is that normal?

Hi Frank622,

Regarding this issue please provide :

1. Export Windows logs of Application, Security, Setup and System from Event Viewer
  2. msinfo32 file by searching msinfo32 in Run command window and save as msninfo32.nfo
  3. crash dumps for Firefox and Chrome:

For Firefox:

To collect crash dump manually use procdump.exe:
File 1

1. Unzip procdump
  2. Run command prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder with procdump and run
    procdump.exe -ma -w firefox.exe -e
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. File named firefox.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

File 2

1. Run command prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder with procdump and run
    procdump.exe -ma -w firefox.exe -t
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. File named firefox.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

For Chrome:

To collect crash dump manually use procdump.exe:
File 1

1. Run command prompt as Administrator, navigate to the folder with procdump and run
    procdump.exe -ma -w chrome.exe -e
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. File named chrome.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

File 2

procdump.exe -ma -w chrome.exe -t
  2. Reproduce the issue
  3. File named chrome.exe_XXXXXX_XXXXXX.dmp will be created in the folder procdump is launched from. Provide it for us.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Uppdated yesterday, no problem at all at Win-XP and Win-7 :-TU

Check the HIPS log to see why, it most likely from trying to access in memory one of CIS processes.

Hi,
updated via auto-update. No problems and works fine. But still no way to purge the list of “blocked applications” (1100 here).
Thanks.

Kind regards

As per OP

Please stay tuned for next set of changes coming up in September release, that will address some of the usability issues mainly following:

• Improved unblock application interface as per wish list

unblock application will be improved in an upcoming release sometime this month.

Hi,

Do not clean. I understand the CIS controls them, but it does not block in the literal sense.

Your Online/Offline Installers are USELESS :-TD :-TD :-TD

I use Comodo Firewall only. I used CFW online installer. After install, I checked Comodo folder in Program Data for offline installer for future use. The installer there is CIS installer & not CFW installer :-TD, And CIS installer there is USELESS, you can’t select to install Firewall only during install, you have to install suite & then uninstall AV to get FW only :-TD

Same for provided CIS offline installer, you can’t select to install Firewall only during install, you have to install suite & then uninstall AV to get FW only :-TD :-TD

@umesh: here is the “view logs” output after installing. It just prompted me again for an update but the “what’s new” page does not indicate anything new. The “view logs” page looks always the same - every time - after each one of these updates.

–j.

[EDIT] Needless to say that after this “update”, Comodo has asked me again twice to update again in the past few hours… manually checking it will download ise_installer.exe into
C:/ProgramData/Comodo/Cis/Quarantine/Temp/TempFiles/Comodo/Installer/ise_installer.exe, run it, ask for reboot, and the game continues. Sounds like Groundhog Day. >:-D
How do I get rid of this? Is there a registry key I can set manually to tell CIS this installation is sort of like “done”?

Just to update everyone here, especially the developers, Microsoft has formally announced the release date of the Windows 10 FCU (Fall Creators Update) to be October 17, the Tuesday after Patch Tuesday (which is the 10th).
Please have CIS fully ready to work with this release.
Thank you

My Comodo CIS was updated to v10.0.1.6294 last night, and now Windows 10 media sharing and Tversity media share stopped working. I can disable CIS firewall and they both work again. Does anyone know why this is happening? If not, not, is there a way I can go back to the previous version, which worked just fine.

Hi gandalf94305,
This is not supposed to happen! We can’t produce either.

Team will get in touch with you to further investigate possible reasons.

The logic is following:

• If there are any CIS program updates due, ise_installer.exe will also run and in case ISE is installed it will be updated else it will exit.
    So execution of that is conditional.

Please bear with us and keep system in that state, team should be able to work with you coming Monday.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi John,
Thanks for heads up.

We have a formal process to check for latest preview builds on weekly basis and take remedial steps in case we find any incompatibility. This release is due to that process, which could identify problems ahead of formal release.

Thanks
-umesh

Yes, this wish list item is very high in our list.

We will try to address this by Oct-2017 release max unless we can make it part of Sep-2017 release itself.

Thanks
-umesh