Comodo Internet Security v10.0.1.6243 BETA Hotfix

Hi All,
We would like to make following Beta version for hotifx release next week available for your feedback.

This version has mainly firewall related changes:

Enhancements:
1) Faster File Transfer Over Network:
There are significant improvements in file copying speed over network.

Fixes:
2)
Issue reported earlier with Comodo Firewall freezes Windows 10 to a halt… during file transfer over network is fixed as well.

Host entries to use for Beta setups

User must have following host entries in order to download setups out of beta server:

91.209.196.83 download.comodo.com 91.209.196.83 www.download.comodo.com

(In future we will create specific sub domain for beta so you don’t have to have host entries.)

and then you can install following online installers:

Setup Details:
BETA - Warning:
Following setups are BETA setups and it is not recommended to test on production machine and it is intended only for beta testers.
So please try at your own risk.

Comodo Antivirus
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5035_beta/web/cav_installer.exe
Size: 5.2M ( 5364760 )
MD5: b9e0af01244af194ef0542d36c9fb72a
SHA1: 81640e70e2d522ad062931bd6c2e3bbf68f37605

Comodo Internet Security
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5035_beta/web/cispremium_installer.exe
MD5: d45178c540864f4cedd9bf2ae5b202a6
SHA1: 6272f4ba24f24579a908864ac3be5062bab59b07

Comodo Firewall
http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/5035_beta/web/cmd_fw_installer.exe
MD5: cc93521dc433e5828c3619333f27144a
SHA1: 8880c5406a4c25ca3ab17122db792ce85c768967

This is almost ready for release however being released as Beta for preview for users.

We would like you to focus on following areas:

1. Test Firewall functions as much as you can.
  2. It will be great if you could update to this beta from any of previous CIS versions by having same host entries and updating to this beta. This will provide us feedback about any potential issues that could come up due to update, which may not be visible in fresh install.
  3. Over all network file transfer experience.
  4. Any other bug not visible in last production v6223

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much
-umesh

installed the beta on top of the current build and restarted the computer. found a minor ui bug in unblock applications, if an app was blocked by two or more components it does not display properly.
clicking on it does not work.

Dead links!!!

Yes (((

Add following entries to hosts file: [nobbc]
91.209.196.83 download.comodo.com
91.209.196.83 www.download.comodo.com
[/nobbc]

Hosts file???

See attached

Does not work.

You can either :
a) edit Proxy and Hosts Settings in CIS & update to beta build (as mentioned by Ploget)
note: download links will not work with this method
b) edit Hosts file (https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/)

I would like to use the download links.
How?

Work.

Ploget, thank :-TU

What is it?

It’s related to COMODO Property Page. I guess it is enabled by default since it’s a build meant for testing. Nowadays, it also provides interesting statistics.

With this Beta, I get the jumbled Network Driver settings as shown, which I never had before

(Win10Pro 64 - Ver: 1703 Build: 15063.296)

Thank you, we will check.

Here it is configured as it should, where am I going wrong?
Download the installer, but do not download the rest of the required files

For me the network displays without jumbling in the beta, it was an old issue that was fixed.

Note that I installed the beta on top of the stable build as Comodo recommended to do that for checking stability, instead of doing a clean uninstall and reinstall as I usually do.

maybe doing a clean install actually causes this issue rather than installing over the stable build

@liosant you mean that Comodo ISE is not installing? not sure if this issue is fixed, if you had comodo ISE and you uninstall, it won’t reinstall again. I don’t mind the other components like Geekbuddy and Dragon installing. Actually I think those don’t install when it’s a preview build, one of the previous preview builds was also like that. also latest virusscope seems to be not available as well. hopefully ISE not installing will be fixed.

ISE is installed, maybe it is the problem (a possibility) :P. The servers seem inaccessible to the beta version of the comodo internet security
I do not think anyone likes to have installed what they did not ask for, or was not pre-notified about background installations and who does not like to see their favorite shows in full operation?
Greetings!

i saw CCAV had this “Enhanced Clipboard Protection” , does this feature will add to CIS or CFW containment protected?
i’ve test with spyshelter test tool ,screen capturing test and clipboard capturing test fail to passed