COMODO Internet Security Named Best Free AV Security

COMODO Internet Security Named Best Free AV Security in Face-Off in CNET Poll Featured on Download.com

Comodo is pleased to announce that results are in on the recent CNET poll on download.com and Comodo Internet Security 5 has been named the company of choice for AntiVirus at 42 percent popularity rate for FREE Antivirus software.

March 11, 2011 (FPRC) – JERSEY CITY, NJ, March 11, 2011 - Comodo is pleased to announce that results are in on the recent CNET poll on download.com and Comodo Internet Security 5 has been named the company of choice for AntiVirus at 42 percent popularity rate for FREE Antivirus software.

“Not only are we good,” said Melih Abdulhayoglu, Comodo CEO and chief security architect, “But we’re the BEST at protecting the computer from viruses and malware and it’s FREE, according to this latest customer vote.”

Comodo Internet Security 2011 is the free, multi-layered, security application that offers complete protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero-day attacks, spyware and hackers. Built from the ground upwards with your security in mind, Comodo Internet Security combines powerful Antivirus protection, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall, advanced host intrusion prevention, application control and anti-spyware in one supremely powerful application.

The latest version sees a major leap forward in security and usability with the addition of cloud based virus-scanning and behavior analysis of unrecognized files - making CIS 2011 unbeatable at detecting zero-day attacks. Under default settings, unknown and untrusted files are automatically scanned by our cloud-based virus scanners then, while the file undergoes behavior analysis on our cloud server, it is run in a sandbox on your local machine so that it cannot modify or affect data on your ‘real’ system.

What’s new in this version: Version 5.3 features: full IPv6 Support in firewall, Rootkit Scanner - Hidden registry keys, files and folders are detected, 5 skins from COMODO, including a native windows skin.

About Comodo

Comodo® is a leading brand in Internet security. With US Headquarters in New Jersey and global resources in UK, China, India, Ukraine, and Romania, Comodo provides businesses and consumers worldwide with security and trust services, including digital certificates, PCI scanning, desktop security, and remote PC support. Securing online transactions for over 200,000 businesses, and with more than 35 million desktop security software installations, including an award-winning firewall and antivirus software. Comodo is Creating Trust Online®. To learn more, visit Comodo’s website: www.comodo.com.

Comodo products and services referenced are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Comodo and/or its affiliates. Other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.

To view results of the poll, customers may go to: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20036621-12.html

For more information, reporters and analysts may contact:

Arvind Krishnamurthy,
Comodo Public Relations and Corporate Communications
Office: 201-963-0004 x 4073
E-Mail: media-relations@comodo.com

Send an email to Arvind Krishnamurthy of Comodo
201-963-0004 x 4073

source: COMODO Internet Security Named Best Free AV Security in Face-Off in CNET Poll Featured on Download.com

;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Excellent to CIS development team! :-TU

(:CLP)

Many antivirus market share reports say that Comodo isn’t big compared to others. How come we keep totally busting the competition in polls?

Does Comodo have a superior way of notifying its users, do the other companies just not bother, or do some of its fans hack or otherwise sway the polls?

Or do the fans use techniques to help ignorant people vote for them, like the ones employed in a certain recent election? 88)

However it happened, we got about 57498 votes. :a0

:-TU Great work Comodo and everyone that has anything to do with CIS!

Hopefully the crowd will stay under control, but there’s not much we can do about it because that’s how we roll on the set >:-D

Whipping up a fury Dominating flurry We create the battery

(:CLP) O0 :■■■■ (:HUG)
:BNC (:TNG) :BNC :■■■■
(:CLP) :BNC :■■■■ (:TNG)
(:NRD) :BNC (:CLP)(:WAV)

We have very loyal supporters who love to give back for all the good we do!

and we are very grateful for them!

Melih

I remember over a year ago Melih made a statement about where Comodo as a product would be in comparison to the other vendors out there, particulary the Av. Well it seems the masses voted well, they recognise that prevention is more important than detection alone.Saying that i am looking forward to the single product test which will confirm what i and many others already know. Comodo Av is up there with the best, and Dacs in real time, will move it to the top.

Regards
Dave1234.

Well done to the Comodo team, and its users. Congrats (:CLP)

Congratulations COMODO! A well deserved recognition and the best part is that we all get to share your magnificent product. Best regards Jim

I can see all the loyal supporters, and there are a lot floating around in these forums (including me).

I just didn’t think we had so much more than other major free security companies.

You see the other providers always charge, so its difficult to ask the paying customers to help out…they say: hey i am paying you already so go away!..

but our sophisticated and loyal userbase sees this as a way to help Comodo so that more people can be aware of Comodo and be better protected. Because they know and believe that Comodo is always striving for better security and Comodo offer top notch security for free!

Melih

Well, see, this was a poll about “free” security software, e.g. avast!. So, they ought to have some fans too, right?

Las, we’ll soon getting complaints about the cruel way that you’re persistently beating this particular bush. 88)

of course…apparently 18% according to poll…

I just got an idea that it could have been a botnet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I don’t quite think so. I guess you have just collected a lot of :SML: fans. :smiley:

Proficiat Comodo, Melih and all the staff. 88)

It’s no surprise to me that Comodo was voted as the the best free AV security product.
People who use Comodo know exactly what a powerful tool Comodo is in protecting you against known and unknown threats. And that’s why they voted for the product, if we didn’t believe in the product we would not have voted.Simple as.

I have stated this before, there is no other product out there (paid or free) that makes you feel confident whilst surfing the minefield that is the internet. Download Comodo and you are sorted, no experience needed (because advice is given in the alerts) and you are sorted,good to go, AND ITS FREE.

I am not naming any other products here but I have tried them all and none of them have come close as regards protection and layered security.

I can use a well known internet security suite ( I’ll have a big Mac and a coffee) provided by my broadband supplier for free if I wish, I won’t even touch it.

After testing numerous security products for the past 13 years I can say(w/ hand on heart) nothing comes close to Comodo Internet security. The layered security in this product is amazing IMHO.

Circe.

I have tried many and I agree with you :slight_smile: As a big plus the forums is made by competent and kind people :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin N