Comodo Internet Security hangs computer with firewall popup alert [M380]

I have same situation here: Since update my pc hangs when firewall popup shows.
Before update there was no problem. to be 100% sure that its not my windows installation or other software issue i formatted and installed a fresh windows 7 x64 copy. Office 2007 x23 was next, drivers and after that comodo is. I set hips to on, auto create rules for trusted app’s, set firewall to custom rules and then updated CIS. meanwhile i did install windows updates, or at least tried - now i am stuck on black screen with “preparing windows desktop upgrade” or something like that. Task manager works. I can boot to safe mode with no problem.

Second PM reminder sent

Hello!

I didn’t had time to respond.
As I expected there is no error in terms of the diagnostic results.

I will update the Original Post to atach the diagnostics file.

No problem, thanks for app[ending will now move to verified

Best wishes

Mouse

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Well, v have tried something. After clean windows installation (with software and config mentioned in my previous post) i did one change: I’ve disabled HIPS. Its been only few mites since i did that, but for now all is working, or at least it seems to work. Firewall warnings are not freezeng. I try to do some more testing and post results.

PS: I did check defense + logs: there isnt any activity in them, so if you have any idea on how to get some activity logs - i will try it.

Hanging issue persists on my notebook too.
Windows 7 x64 has been booted up in about half an hour.
Google Picasa tried to connect to the net, firewall popup came up but the answer has frozen to the screen.
I could open firefox to come here to the forum, and I could open CIS Main windows to do a Diagnostic.
There where no errors. Diagnostic file attached to this post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

After a day of hard testing i am sure, at least in my case, that disabling HIPS “fixed” the problem. Firewal and gui is fully responsive again. The HIPS problem is definitely comodo problem - after update (about few days ago) everything was working fine. Enabling HIPS brings back the issue. Disabling HIPS is a temporary fix for me - all i can do is hope that this problem will be solved quickly…

Thanks for the additional feedback, so maybe its a hidden HIPS alert that causes the trouble. The FW alert is just cos its an unrecognised file?

Problem is, that the “hanging” alert is completely random - some times it will freeze, some times it wont… Time and application involved seams random. Freeze occurs even without popup sometimes, but in my case mostly when some kind of network activity is involved (launching browser, downloading update etc…). For now - with hips deactivated - problem vanished. After enabling it back - freezes are back.

Does anyone know if yesterday’s update addresses this problem? It mentioned a memory leak issue with alerts so I’m guessing the answer is “yes.” I haven’t had a freeze yet after the update and I’m crossing my fingers.

Well, for now i’ve got no freezes. There were some firewall popups and everything did work just fine, full responsiveness. Ill keep testing for few days, just to be sure. (Comodo version: 6.1.276867.2813)

Update:
After some testing i can tell that freezing problem is not solved.
For example: starting pc / starting media player - freeze of media player occurs. There is no firewall / defense + notification. When trying to get into comodo advancced firewall settings (or other way to get into advanced settings of firewall / defense +) main comodo ui freezes, then any other app cannot be started / looses responsivenes.
That situation does not allways occures - its random. Last time it happened after waking pc up - firefox did loose responsivenes right after waking pc (i havent started it - it was running just fine before sleep). After restart problem with media player occured - freeze followed with comodo ui freeze and other apps loosing responsiveness. After another restart there were some firewall popups about apps that already had rules made ealier, but pc didnt freeze, every app started just fine.

Another thing: comodo defense + blocks / freezes dlna service - even after successfull restart when trying to get into media players streaming settings - freeze. Player works fine when not trying to play with that option.

PS: Sorry for multiposting, but i have no idea how to edit my own post here :expressionless:

Tracker updated, thanks.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

The devs have informed me that they cannot replicate this issue. Thus, we are assuming that this is likely fixed. If you are still experiencing this issue please respond to this topic before the next version is released. If there is no response I will assume that this is fixed and move this bug report to Resolved.

Thank you.

As the devs are not able to replicate this, and there has not yet been a response, I am assuming this is likely fixed. I will therefore move this to Resolved.

If this is still happening on your computer please let me know.

Thanks.