Comodo Internet Security,giving problem [I17]

2nd time now free cis gave problem,using windows 7,sp1,my desktop shortcut and widget is gone,only way i can see antivirus is click on start,all programs,comodo but its giving installation again ,when i click on comodo,its trying to add,change or remove cis.heres complete run down,cis was reinstalled 2 dAYS ago after i removed it from the same error.
click on windows start,all programs,comodo,comodo internet security,(when i click on comodo internet security)add and remove components opens up and when i click on that than comodo internet security premium setup opens up with message(i cant copy and paste the setup box)welcome to comodo internet security premium setup wizard,the setup wizard allows you to change the way COMODO internet security premium features are installed on your computer or to remove it from your computer.click next to continue or cancel to exit the setup wizard.i click on next change and remove button open,repair is off,i click on change than firewall and antivirus is checked but nothing happens.back and cancel tabs are open.clicking on remove and cis is gone.any help much appreciated,in meantime i will remove cis and going to download free avira.

When you reinstalled CIS did you follow the methods I suggest in this post? If not please do try following those methods and let me know if that is able to solve this.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

thanks for your quick reply
cis was installed on new 64 bit os,i thought my windows was corrupt so i used hp reset to factory option (disk d)to erase everything and reload windows ,and cis was installed but the desktop and widget disappear so i deleted it using comodo programs manager and reinstalled ,it worked for a day and same problem. understanding its free product but not trying to be a begger here ,just trying to point out that theres something a miss in free cis.if theres problem with free cis than comodo should let us know also.or maybe theres a bug which needs to be corrected,i used the free cis for long time and never had any issues until now.

I understand. However, it’s possible that there was an issue during the first installation. Please try reinstalling by following the methods I suggest, even if it seems like a waste of time, and see if the problem continues.

If it does then please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. Just copy and paste the code. Then replace the question marks with your responses.

Thanks.

thanks for your reply,just maybe i try again ,hope it works,wonder if any others are facing the same issue?

read through the reinstall and am wondering why comodo doesnt have a its own uninstal, Uninstaller Tool for CIS,warning on the unistall tools make me thing twice ,McAfee and a few others got their own uni-stall tool.

must be privy dog behaving badly,needs a kick in the nuts,all i am doing to reporting the issues and the issues needs fixing ,those steps to erase and use the another software not made by comodo makes me wonder if cis is stable or any good than other free antivirus, to other plan b,maybe easier way out is another free product:)

I’m sorry, but I am confused by your response. Was reinstalling able to solve the issue?

epic fail in reinstallation,comodo fix cis.hear that windows 8 64 bit same problem.

Okay, I believe you are saying that reinstalling was not able to solve this.

In that case please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here. Just copy and paste the code. Then replace the question marks with your responses.

Thanks.

Me, too. Freezing my machine. I’ll file a bug report later, but the error in my Win7 logs keeps pointing to CMDAGENT., just like the bug reports folks have already filed. Same symptom: freezing the machine, only a hard reboot unlocks it. I rebuilt two machines with fresh Windows Installs, and they still freeze. I’m bummed. Basically, Comodo is good stuff for free, but this one hurt. I’ll remove and reinstall per the link instructions and update this note.

Thanks, and if you find that reinstalling by following those instructions is not able to solve this issue please do create a new bug report for it.

jamodo, please do edit your first post so that it is in the required format. That is the only way the devs can have enough information to replicate this.

Thanks.

PM reminder sent.

I will now move this to the Incomplete Issue Reports board.

Topics in this board are not looked at by the devs. The reason is that putting bug reports in the required format, with the required files, ensures that the devs have enough information to understand and identify the bug. Thus, without this it becomes very difficult to replicate a bug such as yours.

To get your report forwarded to the devs please attach the files I requested, and modify your first post so that it is in the format I requested, with all required information filled out. Then let me know.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.