comodo internet security does not install

All time i try to install comodo internet security shows “installing kernel drivers” and remains this way and nothing happens…i have windows 7 home premium 32 bits and before i had windows 7 64 bits and the same problem happens too…

how i fix this?

Please read this post:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/please-read-this-before-posting-an-installation-problem-t59681.0.html
Please collect log files and atach them to your post

Win7 Pro, Q6600 cpu, 3gb ram. New install. I am getting the “error 1603-Fatal error during installation” message. My 3 files are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello gru2,

after analyzing the logs i came to the conclusion that there are several leftovers of CFW 3.0 that are preventing the installation of CIS 4.1.

Please try to do the following steps:

1. Run Start → Control Panel → “Add and remove programs”
  2. Find COMODO Firewall or COMODO Internet Security. If not found, go to p.5.
  3. Uninstall them
  4. Reboot
  5. Go to Firewall installation directory (c:\program files\COMODO\COMODO Firewall OR c:\program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security)
  6. Delete it
  7. Go to registry (Start → Run → regedit)
  8. Find and delete next keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion?\Uninstall\COMODO Firewall Pro
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion?\Uninstall\COMODO Internet Security
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComodoGroup?\CDI\1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\Comodo\Firewall Pro
  9. Reboot
  10. Check all reg keys, files and directories do not exist
  11. Try to install CIS 4.1 with logs enabled

Hope it helps.

Thanks elJeminy - that did the trick.

I have the same problem but I do not have these entries.

Please don’t cross post. I answered in two of your topic already.

Thanks elGeminy, that solution worked for me. ;D Two days of faffing aroud with varous suggestions and bingo. I had to let COMODO do a diagnostic repair and reboot a few times, but otherwise good to go.