Comodo Internet Security CIS V10.0.0.5144 Beta !!

Reminder, read reply 344.

Thank you.

As far as betas are concerned, no one is expecting release quality. The whole idea is to release something that those in the community interested can test to find problems so they can be fixed for a better release down the line. I think that at least one beta release a month is reasonable. That is, of course, assuming that the software is being actively worked on. No releases and radio silence means to me that work isn’t being done or it’s going very slowly. We’ve seen this before. I have a lot of patience, but I also have a wandering eye.

This is how I see it. Unless you release betas regularly, you are not going to find and fix as many bugs (hence, a longer final release date and one that “may” inc. bugs which haven’t been detected). Maybe Comodo have large team(s) internally testing said product but surely releasing often to a wider audience (beta testers), more bugs will be found and hopefully fixed sooner.

Plus, the average user (one that is not security minded) doesn’t really care for regular updates or betas (they just want a working product) but those that beta test, enjoy (look forward) testing updated software.

So my short answer is, release betas weekly (or monthly), depending on the size of development team (and if it is small, we understand the longer release times). This in turn will keep the testers happy and bring a final release to the masses sooner.

Personally, as long as the stable release is doing a good job protecting my system :-TU, that’s all that matters to me and I can wait. That said, I do feel that many Comodo products overlap each other and should concentrate on integrating the best of these features into one product (i.e CIS and CCAV, Dragon, IceDragon and Chromodo, Comodo Ad Blocker Desktop, AdBlocker and Ublock, etc).

:slight_smile:

The fact CIS 10 beta was originally planned for December 2015 and only got released in July 2016 and even after that happened all got silent. The amount of new things is also shockingly disappointing. Literally 3 new things. New skin, Unblock menu and the Shopping thingie. Call me whatever you want, but anyone with capability to look at the situation realistically can see something is not right in the Comodo office…

Or the fact they still haven’t fixed the driver signing issue with CIS 8 under Windows 10 Redstone…

Hi QSnap,
Repetitive complaining will not fix any issues.
What security software do you use and want to use?

Thanks.

For all those complaining the translation topic shows there is activity:

Don’t appreciate the tone. I will answer anyway because we care for our users.

With this beta release, we introduced brand new capability. It wasn’t just bugs. And users wanted us to change the functionality of these huge features.

If we just release without the changes, then user’s will say, whats the point of beta if you are not going to listen to us…

its easy enough to fix the bugs found and release it…would have been my preferred route if did not listen to users…

but we do…

Hence we can’t win!

I usually complain a lot as mods may know but one thing is certain: the number of fixes is one of the largest since version 7 (from my point of view).

High five. :wink:

Of course you don’t. If I’ve learned anything here is that you people don’t appreciate realistic criticism. You always want thumbs ups and being patted on the back. God forbid anyone dares to mention anything that isn’t good or that’s negative about Comodo. From years of experience I can tell you such method simply doesn’t work. But it’s your company, do whatever you will.

Your foul language was the problem. There simply is no need to resort to foul language.

Hi QSnap,
If you really think in the Comodo labs that the Developers are just working on adding a few theme changes and a couple of other minor items, you are more naive than I initially thought. ???

Please keep calm and learn to have some respect for other members.

Thank you.

well guys, i get angry too about these delays and things… but hey, lets behave better… right?

Some of you need a life outside the forums. Go chase some tale, what do I know…

And another flame and derogatory comment. You surely are keen on nailing yourself to the cross aren’t you? That’s not only a leading question but also a clearcut warning.

No, it wasn’t flame or derogatory comment, but you just proved my point exactly. Disagree with Comodo people in a perfectly civil way and you immediately start dishing out warnings to those users. If I’d be all “Oh yeah Comodo rocks!” even if it doesn’t, I wouldn’t be seeing any of this. If you think this will make Comodo even better, then good luck with that. This too is one of biggest Comodo problems. You people are WAY too ban happy with anyone who even remotely disagrees with you. That’s not how you make or keep userbase.

Now I’ll just leave it at that in a hope I don’t get banned tgo for simply disagreeing with your methodology.

Unless anyone is a fly on the wall of the Comodo labs, you don’t have any idea about what is occurring there.
It is just all speculation and guessing.

Any attempt to bypass the censor by a member using alternate means, is intended as flame and derogatory and is treat as such.

I am afraid you have and always had a attitude problem, I had allowed you back in the hope you would change.

Sorry you are banned again for the usual reason flame and derogatory reason only.

Dennis

PS To any other members who have been allowed back behave at all times.

Edit For the benefit of these members and advice

Forums are not democracies. Forums may be publicly accessible, but they are NOT public spaces. They are equitable to the front yard of homes, and any speaking that is done in them is at the grace of the forum owner.

Using foul language is not civil.

to go one step further, people, this entire line of posts is completely off topic.
I would remind everyone, topic discussions are to be kept ON TOPIC.
This topic is not about the next release of CIS.
Thank you.

Today I tested a few samples on my real machine >:-D with CIS 10 installed…

on proctive configuration enabled, hips: off

I ran samples and got sandboxed then Viruscope detected some samples and after reset sandbox.
All actions are gone. CIS still provides best protection with proactive config. :-TU

So what if anything is new? I read there is a new UI and a new shop tool in the pro version, but what about the other stuff? Any improvements to the scanning algorithm, any improvements to the HIPS(to be smarter), any improvements to the viruscope to act faster in the sandbox and let sandboxed applications out, rather than just find viruses in ones?

I work with a lot of older and unsigned software, and obviously I know 99% of it, but in those rare cases I’d like the AV to actually behave smartly and if its not a malware to release the program from sandbox, where in most cases it can’t function properly.

Am I missing something here or ?