Comodo Internet Security as HomeNet Defence Tools

Hi!

I think, Comodo Internet Security who include Anti-Virus machine, it’s still very reasonable for large-scale use on many computers: and with home computers and with computers, who workes into local area networks. Any service windows, which combines several functional, will consume less computer resources (memory and time, CPU), rather than multiple separate services. It’s a fact. But Comodo lacks only the full functionality of the protective vehicles: the ability to quickly and easily manipulate lists of IP, which are locked for use by data users. I think, it’s easy to correct this deficiency: a basic structural unit - the list is available in accessible through the panel “My Blocked Network Zones” - is already taking place. However, as I noted briefly in the message “Comodo - Import IPs Black List into File” (see my posting: https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_wishlist/ip_black_lists-t31628.0.html;msg254881#msg254881), an interface for manipulating the IPs is not complexable and it’s inconvenient for the users: in cause of need for adding/removing the set of IPs (as IPs black list).

I think here in addition to a solution that I suggested in the post, there is at least one solution that will satisfy both the local administrators and “home” networks and individual computer users (as parental control). This is a manual insertion the list file of blocked IPs (as plain text). For example, you can include in Comodo feature that when you start Comodo (start custom configuration windows) listing placed in the user’s folder Comodo [\Documents and Settings[username]\Application Data\Comodo] could be “picked up” and uses Comodo machine as a current block list (for this session of the user). It is convenient for administrator and easy to implement for programmers Comodo.

Black List can be using a standarts ip lines:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX #As one blocked IP
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX-YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY #As a range of blocked IPs
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/YY # As blocked a Network (classles IPs)

You can be limited lenght of Black List about 200 … 500 entries - for safe resources and as reasonable limit to preserve the productivity Comodo.

Thanks for Comodo Team!

I think, many users on the computer MUST has uses different Black List, and inserted it - as connected by “My Blocked Network Zones” pane or manually as file, who an Admin put to Comodo directory - must be uses Comodo machine on current session on Windows!..

It’s reasonable and applicatable because Windows Registry currentle has an entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CFP\COMODO Internet Security\My Blocked Network Zones DPI = 96

who recorded users Blocked Network Zones!

IMHO…