COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4591 is released!

Thank you very much for the feedback :-TU

Kind Regards
Buket

My big bug is seems fixed :-TU
I can submit any kind of extension (even .scr, .dat etc.) via internal CIS submitter.
Thank you Comodo Team :slight_smile:

Hey Yigido,

Thank you very much for your precious feedbacks.

We will keep improving. :-TU

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi,

I have an error when updating the database :confused:
Error: 0x80072efd can’t connect to server

I’m using CIS 8.2.0.4591 on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (Build 10130)

I have uninstalled every other antivirus/malware etc.
I have disabled the Windows Firewall. But this change nothing…

Have you any suggestion that might help me ?

Thank you :slight_smile: !

I guess if your not a Comodo Hero your a Zero. No one bothered to answer my last post.
That’s Okay as I don’t really expect any support for a Free Product.

On my Win 7 sp1 Pro 64 Bit with this new version 8.2.0.4591 when I check the Action Center under
Security-Spyware & Unwanted Software Protection it Lists Comodo Defense + as being on even though I have
Disabled it. I am using MSE so it says using multiple Anti spyware Programs is not recommended. The Older versions of your software did not do this.

In Win 10 Pro Build 10130 When I use Firewall Only it still shuts down the built in Windows Defender & it can not be turned back on. I would greatly appreciate it if you could look into this, with possibly a fix in the future.
I Don’t know why this has to be so hard…Could you Please at least give us the option to Install Firewall only like you used to do on your older versions. V5.10 was only about 69mbs. Unfortunately the older ones will not work with Win 10.

There is a reason why I only have 13 Posts & its not because I am a Newbie. I have not
had any problems with your product over the years because I only use the Firewall with everything
else turned off. I don’t want or need to spend all my time fixing problems like a lot of the Comodo members are facing. I am an experienced computer user, since 99 I have had no viruses & infections of any kind, I know what I’m doing. Even if I did get infected I don’t care, I have an image of my Hard Drive.

Thank You to the Comodo Team.

Do you mean this post?

You should make a bug report for Windows Defender incompatibility with Comodo Firewall - start here

The second thing was asked few times. I even myself asked if it’s possible to download CIS installer only and download all other stuff (browser, geekbuddy etc.) only if user wants them during installation. We will see.

i would suggest posting in the help section not the release topic. This is not a good place to try and get help your post is going to quickly get lost.

The CIS installer gives you the choice of what is installed. You can select to DL and install only the firewall.

What issues i did have with CIS, have been resolved and it is running smooth… :-TU Great job, i am now a loyal user as of again. :slight_smile: Same with Dragon…

One thing i would like to mention, only thing that would make it absolutely perfect, would be some sort of battery mode for CIS, where it would use complete minimal resources while on battery. I have noticed switching from Eset to CIS, that CIS drains my battery almost twice as fast. Not something to keep me from using it, but something i wanted to mention, as this may be the case for others…

morohiusz,wasgij6, Thanks for responding.

I don’t need any help, I just wanted to pass on the problems with CFW.
I can’t do anything on my end. it either works or it does not. What better place
to talk about it than the V9.2.0.4591 Forum. Do Comodo Staff not read their own Forum?
Yes I will check out the Bug Forum. Guess it is faster for Comodo Staff to only look at one place
for Problem reports…

When I said give us a choice to Install Firewall only, here is what I meant…
When a new version of your software comes out you offer 3 Different Downloads…
So why are they all the same download size? The CFW Download should be a lot smaller,but
if that can not be achieved then I would like to see more options in the Customize Install Options… Like give me a check box
to Install Firewall only with Defense +,Auto Sandbox Hips,Viruscope & Enable Cloud Lookup All Disabled after Install.
Or if its not too time consuming strip all that stuff out of CFW & let us just download a Bare Bones CFW.

If all of that stuff was Disabled after install it just might even fix the Problems with Windows being confused & not knowing
is it a Firewall? is it an Antivirus Program? or is it a Malware blocker?

Anyway hopefully things will get sorted out by the time Win 10 goes RTM.
Not going to waste anymore time on this. I will retest everything on RTM day as this current Build 10130 is
definitly not ready to be used as my stable OS.

The size of the installer of the firewall is the approximate same size as for CAV and CIS. The only difference are the installer scripts. For CAV and CIS the av database will be downloaded after installation.

The installers hold both the 64 and 32 bits versions as well as Chromodo browser and Geekbuddy. Providing different installers for 64 and 32 bits will seriously reduce size.

Different installers for 32 & 64 Bits will be better.

And also online installer will be good. Coz with online installer you can select the module to download & avoid browser/geekbuddy, etc… too & save more bandwidth.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the feedbacks.

Yes we 're working on the web installers. We aimed to have them with the next major release :-TU

For your kind information,

Buket

Hi BuketB,
I hope you mean also and not only Web installers?

Thanks.

• 1 :slight_smile:

I download each version only once, and keep all installers and use it to update other computers.

Dennis

Hi captainsticks,

Yes sure :slight_smile: :-TU

Kind Regards
Buket

Hello Cavct,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks and in case you need please also feel fre to send me pm as well regarding any problem you have. I would be happy to help you.

Kind Regards
Buket

Hi Buket.
That is good, thank you. :-TU

Kind regards.

I agree separate installers for 64 & 32 Bit is a step in the right direction. :-TU

Thank You BuketB for the generous offer to pm you, I appreciate it. :-TU

Hi buketB.

I did the upgrade to this new version and everything is going fine on my production machine.

I was looking at the avg internet security and I saw how they handle the unknow files (i dont trust then) and I was thinking that its time for CIS to elaborate a better way to handle unknow files instead of blocking everything crazily as CIS do now.

maybe a good way to paliate this situation is to make CIS “asks” user to isolate or not any unknow files, instead of automaticaly isolate it. Whats you feelings about it?

If im not mistaken there is already a with request for this behavior.