COMODO Internet Security 8.1.0.4426 is released!

There is no contradiction here.

My reply was meant to point out that ADS has been used before by another security program as there is a group of users who are not happy with what is being seen as tampering with files… It is not used by Comodo like Kaspersky did to make scanning faster. My reply was meant to show that using ADS is not something completely alien to the world of security programs.

Thanks Eric for clearing. So it means ADS is for file tracking. Even there Norton does it by file-insight. Doesn’t create ADS. Suppose I turn off this option of ADS in comodo , Hope this tracking feature will be available,

Anyhow Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,
AB

Indeed.

Even there Norton does it by file-insight. Doesn’t create ADS. Suppose I turn off this option of ADS in comodo , Hope this tracking feature will be available,

Anyhow Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,
AB

You’re welcome.

Any ETA on the ADS fix? It’s the only thing keeping me far away from Comodo.

It’s said it is fixed with the next release. It may be released this month from what I gathered but don’t hold it against me if it becomes April before it gets released.

Hi all, mods, Mellih and Buket. Please take a look at my 3 wish requests and, please, help improving these requests that I think will be great features to be added on next CIS versions.

The wishes are:

Please, take a look at these 3 requests.

yro please do NOT cross post. people will see your wishes you dont have to post them here

sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi All,
I’ll be SO glad when a new version is released that will be ‘compatible’ with windows 10 technical preview 32-bit.
David :wink:

Hi Davy,

We have the windows 10 support with the upcoming release, please kinldy wait for 1st of April.

Kind Regards
Buket

1st of April?
Is that a joke?
:slight_smile:

Dear BuketB,
Thanks for your reply…I can hardly wait til April now, I’m SO anxious to try out a version that is compatible with windows 10 technical preview.
David :smiley:

Siketa,
Hopefully…it’s NOT some kind of a joke.
David :wink:

Hi Siketa,

LOL, No it is not a joke ofcourse :slight_smile:

Our new release date is planned for 1st of April, for your kind information.

Best Regards
Buket

Just ot play devils advocate. It would be a joke if the promise was ice dragon was was being released that day.

Not yet, lol.

Im hoping that the devs pay attention to some wishes requests like the option to trust a file before it gets automaticaly sandboxed by cis and implement such things on this incoming release. Im happy with CIS as an free security suite but sometimes it makes me explode in angryness with some lags and some default options that we can not change (like the automatic sandbox thing). Automatic sandbox a file is a great way to deal with potential dangerous files but sometimes its just for pissing us :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope the AV database is drastically reduced.
Or better optimal local database & full database in cloud.

The kind of product CIS is & kind of security it has, full local databases are not required, smart optimal local database with full database in cloud is enough in my opinion.

They are if you are not connected to the Internet.

+1

Also depending on your connection if is slow cloud would be a pain, plus you may not want all that traffic if you on a tight budget.