COMODO Internet Security 8.0.0.4337 is released!

Can anyone confim that this issue is not present in this new CIS release: https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-beta-corner-cis/cis-does-not-create-startup-key-or-task-for-cistrayexe-m1204-t107225.0.html

This is the main reason why I stopped using CIS. Also, if any Comodo dev could comment on it, that would be very appreciated.

PM sent.

Thanks Sanya. I bit the bullet and installed anyway on one machine just to have a look. I will update my other machines when the internal updater is available.

This bug is still around since v6.0:

https://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/long-shutdown-time-if-either-protected-reg-keys-or-process-execution-v6m436-t95425.0.html

I updated the Bugzilla report.

After testing, I can confim that this is fixed, thanks Comodo! :slight_smile:

On a side note, I will definitely backup this installer, just in case Comodo does something funny and changes the installer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Congratulations!
:-TU

Congratulations with the release. :■■■■ (:NRD)

Default settings are terrible >:(
Installed on my Virtual machine, run couple of malware files and got infected with CryptoLocker >:(

http://s29.postimg.org/ezdmmcj7b/Clipboard01.png

Are you running a 64 bits guest on a 64 bits host?

Yes
I’m on Win 8.1_x64 and run VirtualBox with Win 7_x64.

Why?

What is this file for:

c:\ProgramData[b]cisC42A.exe[/b] or cis5F1F.exe

c:\Users\All Users[b]cisC42A.exe[/b] or cis5F1F.exe

hi all. im at home and running the cis 8 final (fresh install).

about the lags that i mentioned before:

• running cis 8 with modern UI I experience an delay when clicking on cis icon side the tray icons but no lags when the main gui is openned and no lag when diggind into it.

• running cis 8 with any other UIs I experience the same lags as before in any kind of aspect.

The CIS 8 processes running here are:

cavwp.exe ~ 42mb of RAM usage right now
cmdagent.exe ~ 6mb of RAM usage right now
cistray.exe ~ 1mb of RAM usage right now
cis.exe ~ 1mb of RAM usage right now

I want to know why is cavwp.exe taking so high on ram usage?

Windows 7 SP1 pro updated.

besides the ram usage I liked cis 8.

can anybody say how to configure cis 8 so I can have the best protection without a lot of popups?

EDIT1.: I did another try and I have no lags at all running cis 8 with the modern theme. :):):slight_smile: great!!! now what about the ram usage?

EDIT2.: I did another try and I see that cavwp.exe is taking about 4mb of RAM usage and cmdagent.exe is taking about 10mb of RAM usage… :):):slight_smile: thats it!!! Im in love with CIS again :stuck_out_tongue:

How did you get the malware on the VM? was it download from the internet? or copied over from the host?

I’ve updated my article about How to Install Comodo Firewall for the new version of CIS. It can be found here. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

как всегда на высоте :slight_smile: версия понравилась. :-TU

Thanks Chiron! Appreciated.

Do you run Proactive Security or did you enable “Enable enhanced protection mode” with the Internet Security configuration on the host? That may cause problems. When enabling Enable enhanced protection mode CIS will warn:

Enhanced protection mode uses hardware virtualization extensions (Intel VT-x or AMD SVM) when available, and some virtual machine managers such as VMware, Hyper-V or VirtualBox may not support certain features such as running 64-bits guests when this option is enabled
See also attached image.

Few problem with this version.

Using Win 8.1 x64

1. Auto-Sandbox disable - Windows Action Centre will say “Comodo Defense+” status will be “Off”
  2. Comodo create 3 startup menu call “CisD81B” which contains the following: “Conhost”, “Windows Command Process”, “CisD81B”. What are these? Are they meant to be deleted after the installation? Necessary to use Comodo 8?
  3. Not sure if I’m remember it correctly but Viruscope v7 show internet connection. “cmdagent.exe” popping up constantly asking for internet connection. Allowing it doesn’t seem to do much, Viruscope show that it does nothing except running 3 Comodo component, blocking it probably mean Comodo Firewall’s log is going to be really high after a few days.

I download malware pack from internet (.rar) unpack, scan with CIS and then run one by one.
YOu can try yourself, here is link to download: hxxp://www71.zippyshare.com/v/1266443/file.html
Pass: infected
Cryptolocker name is 8.exe

I tested with all default settings.
YOu can try it yourself, post above have malware pack link